What's That Song? | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

My first thought....

2. Thanks, but I don’t think that’s it. I instantly recognised the sample here, but I can remember not knowing the sample of that other song.

3. I'm cracking up because this totally sounds like something Mika would've done.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is it sampling a song that goes a bit like 'bam bam bi da bam di dam'?

5. I can't remember sorry! What song is that?

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm not 100% sure yet.. I can hear both a song using that and an original in my head and it seems to fit your description but if only I knew which they were..

cleggar likes this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I was thinking of a recent(ish) song that samples/interpolates this (or the same song this was sampling)
    Guess I'm just adding a new quest to this thread now..

8. Long shot but

?

soratami likes this.
  9. Here are two of the most recent songs that have the same sample (Sister Nancy’s Bam Bam):

Mvnl likes this.
  10. Nah I don’t think so but thanks!

11. Hmm I immediately thought of Somebody by Natalie La Rose, but the song doesn't have a Latin vibe at all and it's an 80s song that the chorus samples...

12. Nah that’s not it either, thanks anyway!

13. I just had an advert come up on Youtube (before watching a Drag Race video), it played the whole song and the video was an animation done in an anime style with a black cat and lot's of 70s inspired colours and patterns. The song had female vocals and an indie-pop/hazy feel to it, similar to a band like Alvvays maybe?

Anyway, I Shazam-ed it cause I loved it, but having looked at the Shazam now it has given me the wrong song and I've no way of going back to find this advert. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.