What's That Song?

Please, can someone help, this is driving me mad! I'm trying to figure out what song this is from a tiny midi file. I can tell you the midi file is from the year 2000 so it won't have been any song later than that... I don't have anything more than this tiny snippet but the melody sounds really familiar!

You can hear it here: https://sndup.net/t8zy/

Please, can someone help, this is driving me mad! I'm trying to figure out what song this is from a tiny midi file. I can tell you the midi file is from the year 2000 so it won't have been any song later than that... I don't have anything more than this tiny snippet but the melody sounds really familiar!

You can hear it here: https://sndup.net/t8zy/
Sounds like a song that sampled or covered the Young and the Restless theme song. Maybe try looking here?
https://www.whosampled.com/Barry-De-Vorzon/Cotton's-Dream/

Can anyone remember a mixed gender group - British 6+ members.
It was very much promoted on t4 in the 00s but probably didn’t chart.

I’m sure their one song was called “No ______” (but all I keep singing is no diggity and it’s not that).

Wah I found it- it’s “what’s hideous” by do me bad things!

Last edited:

Mvnl

Staff member

Really weird question but: what song is this?
Cause on apple music and Youtube it plays a completely differen track for this file/title (yes Shazam does give this title too)

Mvnl

Staff member

Really weird question but: what song is this?
Cause on apple music and Youtube it plays a completely differen track for this file/title (yes Shazam does give this title too)

Well crap it seems they have fixed in on Spotify now, so now it will be even harder to find out what it was??
Edit: reached out to the artist. It's a song called Burnt which wasn't supposed to be up yet.

Last edited:
I'm still haunted by hearing an unfamiliar neighties-sounding song on the radio at work in 2006. I wrote down some of the lyrics on a bit of cardboard and then went to the pub and lost it. I can't remember anything about the song now. I probably now know what it is but I'll never work out which song it was. #geekproblems

Help me out! Year: 2015, upbeat rap song by a queer rapper, quite young, very colourful music video. I have been going through my last.fm looking despeately for any clues but got none. (Hint: it's not Le1f, I've checked already).

90s / early 00s female R&B song with lyrics to the effect of ‘you’re already somebody’s’ - I think it was a solo artist and I definitely recognised the distinctive voice but couldn’t place it.

This is driving me mad, and it feels like there’s such an obvious answer to this, but I can’t for the life of me remember what song/remix is being used in this snippet from the JW Anderson’s fashion show. It clearly uses a sample of Cher’s Believe, but the vocal sounds like Caroline Polachek or something

Edit: the other song sounds like it could be Crush by Ethel Cain? Ughh, now I really want to find the full thing!
Edit 2: I found it! Wig!

Last edited: