What's That Song?

Okay I'm going to lose my mind. That sound around 0:27 in One Of Your Girls is in another pop song...maybe with a similar vibe. Help?

A pop cover by a female singer of a well known song by a male rapper, released in the early/mid-10s I think, with a video that if I recall correctly takes place in a salon? I'm pretty sure the original was from around that era too, probably released like a year or two before the cover.

he / him
A pop cover by a female singer of a well known song by a male rapper, released in the early/mid-10s I think, with a video that if I recall correctly takes place in a salon? I'm pretty sure the original was from around that era too, probably released like a year or two before the cover.
This instantly made me think of Anya Marina's cover of TI's "Whatever You Like," which has its MV set in a floral store or a sex shop—I'm not 100% sure. I only saw a couple of screencaps of the MV. Unfortunately, the official MV doesn't seem to be on YouTube.

This instantly made me think of Anya Marina's cover of TI's "Whatever You Like," which has its MV set in a floral store or a sex shop—I'm not 100% sure. I only saw a couple of screencaps of the MV. Unfortunately, the official MV doesn't seem to be on YouTube.

Yeah, this was exactly it, thank you! I definitely remember watching the video like a couple years ago, so it must have been removed relatively recently.

Does anyone know whether the version of Insomnia danced to on Strictly a few weeks ago was based on a particular version.. like some orchestral one

A possible cover of "Night To Remember" but in the song it goes "Get ready, tonight (all night) gonna make this a night to remember", possible cover or maybe mashup?

EDIT: Wow it really does just take typing it. It's the MNEK Remix of Little Mix Holiday

It's driving me MAD, I have this refrain stuck in my head:

"I don't think that I can deal with these changes"

But what is the song? Probs something dead obvious.

Mvnl

Staff member
Right, kinda offtopic but someone I know is searching for 90s album artwork, female artist, standing in a blurry crowd. Blue-ish colors possibly.
Vibe like these

1702557895993.jpeg1702557901484.jpeg

But it's not Avril, it's also not Alanis' Thank U video. Any ideas?

Oh thank goodness this thread exists.

Okay this is surely a very old school hip hop song. I'm convinced the lyric is something like "cause I don't know why" and then to the same beat the next lyric I think ends in the rhyme for "multiply". I have tried google, so this is my last hope before it has to pounce on me in an advert or grocery shop.

Probably about five to eight years ago, failed English girl group whose lead single gave vaguely Sugababes-y, cool vibes. Pale pink aesthetic, grainy video.