Whigfield - Saturday Night | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Whigfield - Saturday Night

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by ChrisJay, Jan 31, 2009.

1. I always thought it was odd (and sad) that both Whigfield and Corona had a string of Top 20 hits in the UK from their debuts and then nothing else was ever released here. In those pre-internet days it was like they had fallen off the face of the earth, when we now know that they both carried on in Europe.

2. Yeah, they changed it to “beside” instead when it was promoted.

Vasilios likes this.
  3. This morning I'm having a moment with her take on Right In The Night (Favaretto & Battini remix extended). What a bop!

Slamb and idratherjack like this.
  4. It was so interesting finally getting on the Internet for the first time in 1998 and finding out all these euro acts that I assumed had been dropped had in fact continued releasing material. Eurodancehits.com was amazing because you could download 90 second video clips.

*checks* has that site finally closed down? Sadface

idratherjack and Omead like this.
  5. I can relate to this exact same experience! I used to be on this site all the time

AcerBenII likes this.
  6. She’s doing G-A-Y on 21st December.

DiscoIgor07 likes this.
  7. All this Whiggy chat has inspired me to download the greatest hits and misees for my commute tomorrow.

Mostmof my pre-gay-teen saturdays between 1995 and 1998 were spent going to the HMV import section.

I wpuld love her to have a bit of a revival in the UK, the first album was surprisingly good, she probably could hsve had a minor hit with 4ever and the W album if there had been a label in the UK that cared.

MB and DiscoIgor07 like this.

8. I wish she had saved this one for her Eurovision entry. If you turn this really loud, it sounds huge, brilliant production.

Gasur, cjwhite1 and DiscoIgor07 like this.
  9. YES.

Just watched a video about the Ann Lee situation and seems pretty clear Sannie wasn't the Whigfield vocalist for most of the time, which makes me sad.

But then we have the wonderful W album which is clearly Sannie, but under the Whigfield moniker. And I believe Sannie took over vocals from the All In One album onwards. Curious how that works out. Becoming your acts actual singer years and years after launching?!

10. Corona did the same thing:

JamieHT and DiscoIgor07 like this.
  11. Thanks to this thread I discovered the W album this weekend and it’s a really good pop dance album. Very impressed with it

12. But wait didn’t Whigfield sing “close to you” live on TOTP?

Slamb likes this.
  13. I can't wait to see Whigfield live later this year just to hear what her voice actually sounds like!

Slamb and ohnoitisnathan like this.
  14. It was a masterclass in lipsyncing.

idratherjack and ohnoitisnathan like this.
  15. The W Extra Edition has some great alternative mixes on it too, check that out.

DiscoIgor07 and nanafan like this.
  16. I bloody love Close To You. Thanks for this!

Adora Day and Slamb like this.
  17. Thanks! I’ll download this too then

DiscoIgor07 and Slamb like this.
  18. This is a recently rediscovered tune from Whigfield. This is Sannie singing right?

Slamb and DiscoIgor07 like this.
  19. I believe it so

20. I played this to death on release! That chorus.

cjwhite1 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.