Whitney Houston | Page 158 | The Popjustice Forum

Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MissGhettoFabulous, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Oh the hologram show is going on?

I remember they tried to sell tickets for this in Europe a couple of years ago but had to cancel it.

I guess Vegas is the only place this could work.

I would never go.

2. I cannot believe Whitney would think this was a good idea. The musical sounds like a much better idea.

3. Ok, so I can't believe this has all happened out of the middle of nowhere seemingly, but...
    We have the following remix EP of this beauty up on streaming+digital:
    [​IMG]

Includes:
    The Single Version (more like the original album mix to me, but hey!)
    The Voice (Acapella mix)
    Bonus Beats
    Dub Mix
    And best of all:
    The Shep Pettibone remix in it's edited mix and full length 12" glory!

Plus rare B sides, Shock Me, Feels So Good and Takin' A Chance!

4. [​IMG]

Would seem to be the most appropriate response!

Great to finally have the Shep Pettibone mixes on streaming. Hopefully something is in the works and this leads to news of a physical reissue of Whitney, I need it on CD and vinyl as a matter of some urgency.

zephyr and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  5. Yes please to this!!

zephyr and idratherjack like this.
  6. Thanks for mentioning this! Wonderful to finally have this on streaming.
    I think a few 2-track releases have also appeared - "Didn't We Almost Have It All" and "Feels So Good/Takin' A Chance".

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  7. You're welcome, and yes, they sure have. From my favourite Whitney era too, I'm Your Baby Tonight the later two. Be good if the original version of Higher Love would surface too.

8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Happy birthday, Whitney!

Tweet’s just shared a snippet of the unreleased song Cool Breeze featuring Whitney:

(Tweet co-wrote Things You Say on the Just Whitney album.)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  9. Wonder how much actually is in the vaults music wise.

Laurent and londonrain like this.
  10. Same! I read somewhere that Clive always gathered a bunch of demo’s for Whitney and she would only record the ones she wanted on the album. Therefore, there’s apparently next to nothing in the vault. But I’m not sure if that’s actually the case or just assumptions amongst fans.

Does anyone know whether Whitney ever laid down vocals for Jennifer Hudson’s Spotlight or if she just immediately said no? I’d love to hear that song as sung by Whitney.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  11. I can't imagine there is much indeed alas for said reasons as pointed out by @Laurent , but who knows!

Laurent likes this.
  12. There are unreleased songs.
    there are known unreleased tracks. Though it may be a small amount, there are some. Who knows if we ever will hear anything.

13. She never recorded it. She turned it down then regretted it when she heard Jennifer’s vocals on the track.

She and Jennifer shared a lot of the same producers due to Clive’s involvement. There was a track held for Whitney called Undefeated, that Jennifer demo’ed and was the early working title for the album. Not sure if she ever recorded it either.

IEngineered and Laurent like this.
  14. Spotlight was a tune.

POPGASM, IEngineered and Laurent like this.
  15. That’s so interesting to know!

Spotlight is such a good song but I really think Whitney’s voice with the little rasp would have sounded so nice on it.

I feel like the biggest chance of any unreleased material from Whitney would be if she’d recorded anything after I Look to You for a potential new album but I don’t think things ever really progressed to that stage considering everything that was going on in her life.

16. Spotlight would have been so perfect for Whitney.

17. [​IMG]

Easily one of her most underrated songs ever! Hope it does well in the rate, gotta love 80s uptempo Whitney!

Cowboystyle, 4Roses, Vengabus and 4 others like this.
  18. Where does the interview with "Ahh, that's history!" and "But wow, what a moment" come from? There's a longer clip from it on YouTube where she talks about Clive, but no info on what it's from.

19. Great interview too, done for the 2000 Greatest Hits DVD edition.

londonrain and VivaForever like this.
  20. Thank you! I was thinking it was from The Ultimate Collection, but its DVD didn't have any interviews. Didn't realize there was a DVD edition of The Greatest Hits!

londonrain and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.