Whitney Houston | Page 166 | The Popjustice Forum

Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MissGhettoFabulous, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Her best song!
    Yep. I was working nightshift that night as a student nurse and my friends texted me around that time to tell me, I was shellshocked. I was 33 at the time and had grown up on Whitney.

2. Been on such a Whitney binge over the past week. Truly a much missed voice but will be treasured for always.

MilesAngel likes this.
  3. [​IMG]
    Just give us Whitney godammit!

4. I'm not opposed to a gospel collection but I can't imagine the tracklisting is going to be very exciting or anything rare. And I'm only interested in a live collection if it's never-before-released concerts.

I think a 35th anniversary of Whitney is the way to go.

5. Whitney 35, just seems so logical to me.

MilesAngel and idratherjack like this.
  6. I just noticed that the My Love Is Your Love vinyl has a different running order - was it done to fit the songs evenly on all sides or was it the original tracklist?

MilesAngel likes this.
  7. One of those albums that should be reissue/repress soon!

The 1998 edition with that generic Windows font and the tracklist changed it's disappointed

MilesAngel and irishlamb like this.
  8. Never been keen the My Love Is Your Love font/artwork must admit. It does however, look better without the title all over it.

MilesAngel likes this.
  9. Yeah, the CD never had the title over it so it looks somewhat odd. prefer it without but that's probably just what I was used to.

MilesAngel and Eric Generic like this.
  10. I say.... Hope this will be good, looking forward to it!!

MilesAngel likes this.
  11. 3Xs

3Xs

I know it's one of her biggest hits, but that's such a strange title for a Whitney picture. She was never known as a dancer. It should be called The Voice, or at least I Will Always Love You, if they were going to go the basic GP-pandering route.

12. Hope they do justice for Whitney and her musical legacy. Bohemian Rhapsody, was fantastic in my view, so fingers crossed for the same.

MilesAngel likes this.
  13. Yes, not a sensible name for the project at all.

3Xs and MilesAngel like this.
  14. The problem is that the makers will be thinking, "well, Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody used a song title, so we'd better had too". Unfortunately, using the title of any of her love songs will just make punters think, "crack".

MilesAngel and Eric Generic like this.
  15. It's Not Right, But It's Okay.

(That would cover the plotlines and dramatic liberties of the Queen and Elton films too!).

16. I really hope the movie turns out well but considering how heavily the estate was involved I wonder if they were allowed to go into the nitty gritty parts of her life (such as how her family’s - and because of that her own - refusal to accept her sexuality negatively impacted her life). I’m really not here for any Bohemian Rhapsody style erasure.

17. Should have been called Didn’t We Almost Have It All.

18. The song title choice doesn't bother me must admit. Guess they wanted to go with something instantly recognisable. Do like your choice there though @phoenix123 ,alas very appropriate.

MilesAngel and phoenix123 like this.
  19. With Pat Houston involved it will be messy and I am not sure how they can even do a Bohemian-style film where they end it on a high note. Even her last huge era, My Love is Your Love, was plagued with issues.

I don't mind the song title either since it recalls a time when the whole world fell in love with Whitney, and it is an upbeat song.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.