Whitney Houston | Page 170 | The Popjustice Forum

Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MissGhettoFabulous, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Yes, seems to go as far as 2009 at least judging by one of her looks in the trailer.

2. Looks like it’s going to gloss over the drug issues then?

3. Not necessarily. The comeback won't be meaningful from a storyline point of view if they pretend that didn't happen.

Whosthatboy122 likes this.
  4. I'm getting the impression Cissy will not be so sympathetic in this?

johnoclock likes this.
  5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I don't know, it was pretty jarring in the trailer just how much she doesn't resemble Whitney...

6. I agree. She just doesn't come across as Whitney at all.

cdd216 likes this.
  7. The Star-Spangled Banner scene looks…cheap? I’ll likely still watch it but I don’t see it being the exceptional biopic Whitney deserves.

8. Every recreation of videos etc looks cheap. Sorry. And she doesn’t look like Whitney at all, Whitney had a very “regal” profile she doesn’t have. It’s very Lifetime.

9. It looks a bit cheap but it's the whole presentation. The lighting, the setups, the cheesy titles. I wish it looked a little more prestige-y and like they actually intended to explore Whitney, her talent, her demons, her relationships instead of just recreate her iconic moments.

3Xs, Mr Blonde and Musiquelover64 like this.
  10. Dubious inclusions like Count On Me instead of My Name Is Not Susan? Hmmmm

Maria and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  11. Poor forever neglected My Name Is Not Susan. Such a bop.

Musiquelover64, phoenix123 and Maria like this.
  12. Count On Me deserves its place there though. What a gem.

Adora Day and Musiquelover64 like this.
  13. WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  14. idratherjack likes this.
  15. I've used them before for Kylie stuff. For me, all ok.

16. Cheers. I was a bit sus because the description is “red/black” whatever that means? And then it says item may not be as pictured. So…. Helpful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.