Whitney Houston | Page 171 | The Popjustice Forum

Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MissGhettoFabulous, Sep 14, 2006.

1. That's ok, they have the standard to pre order on Amazon too as well.

2. Love me a list and The Guardian is usually one of the more reliable papers, but that list is surely Alexis Petridis being wilfully obtuse for the attention? Same Script, Million Dollar Bill and Shoop? And I Have Nothing at number one? I think not. If it's not got So Emotional (Shep Mix, obvs), All At Once, You're Still My Man, If I Told You That, and Didn't We Almost Have It All, it's not a Whitney best of list. A ridiculous state of affairs.

3. WhereIsTheFeeling and nooniebao like this.
  4. Love The Bodyguard. Whitney truly was a total superstar in it.

5. The Preacher's Wife is also really good, both movie and soundtrack.

SlowBurn, Alenko, nooniebao and 2 others like this.
  6. I thought everyone was in agreement that Waiting To Exhale was Whitney's best movie.

7. It's definitely her best soundtrack.

Andrew likes this.
  8. Whitney was an underrated actress I think.

Andrew likes this.
  9. Sis
    Sis!

shuper007, AbSynth and chrisconfessed like this.
  10. I have that album on repeat every single Christmas. Whitney singing those gospel songs is surely what the “I can hear God” meme was invented for.

Leopold likes this.
  11. Personally I prefer The Bodyguard and The Preacher's Wife over Waiting to Exhale, but all three are great. Surprised Waiting to Exhale hasn't been released on Blu-Ray yet.

I love The Bodyguard. Great entertainment.

And I thought Whitney held her own with Denzel Washington.

AbSynth and Leopold like this.
  12. I don't even mind Sparkle either to be honest. All watchable films.

AbSynth likes this.
  13. I saw the 30th anniversary of The Bodyguard this afternoon. I was only 9 when it came out, so missed it on the big screen and it was a joy (especially the Queen of the Night section)!

After the credits, they played the music videos for Queen of the Night, I Will Always Love You and I Wanna Dance With Somebody and I felt so sad that we lost Whitney so early.

She was such an incredible talent.

14. Do we have any more info on when the vinyl reissues are due (other than the vague 2023)? I'd love to pick up My Love Is Your Love.

15. No, not as of yet I believe. I want them all ha ha!

life_is_good likes this.
  16. https://www.billboard.com/music/features/whitney-houston-estate-legacy-primary-wave-1235165011/
    Pat says. “[She should be remembered by her music[/b] and the work that she’s done in the community, not by her relationships. And the fact that all these things are happening proves that. It’s a clear path without any distractions to make things continue to happen for her legacy.”

Yeah, a lot has been done to let her be remembered by her music,. Pat !

Anyway...
    But the Whitney plans are the biggest the company has implemented to date, and if they’re received well, could cement the company’s growing reputation as one of the few treating catalogs as living, breathing and evolving cultural touchstones.

Let's see if some serious reissues are on the way, now...

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. Yes, the estate has been rather lacklustre so far on the re issue front. Hopefully that will change.

18. My copy of the 30th anniversary The Bodyguard vinyl arrived today, thrilled to have this iconic record on a brand new LP! Look forward to the other Whitney vinyl re issues.

Mr.Arroz, Daniel L and idratherjack like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.