Whitney Houston | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MissGhettoFabulous, Sep 14, 2006.

1. It's certainly interesting, but very little of it is ringing true. Oprah seemed to be feeding her a lot of lines, and it's very telling how Whitney doesn't seem to take very much responsibility for her drug use: I guess I shouldn't be surprised she's hanging it all on Bobby but it's quite a hatchet job. It's no secret that she was a functioning addict long before Bobby came along though, is it?

She seems to lead a lot of the conversation back to money; I also cringed when she got super-animated when telling Oprah how she'd lace her joints with coke. I hope she's turned a corner, but only time will tell.

2. Just watched it...can't wait to see the second part!

I think it's one of the best interviews I've ever seen. Whitney's been through a hell of a lot and I think it's amazing how she's managed to overcome all her personal struggles and be sitting there with Oprah today. She's an inspiration!

3. I pretty much agree with everything you've said. It's interesting to compare it to the Daniella Westbrook interview on last Fridays Eastenders Uncovered about her problem where she is very open and honest, with herself more than anything about her own responsibility. And It really hit ya.

I wouldn't say this Whitney interview leaves me think 'wow she has got her act together' though that's not to say she hasn't, she's just still the closed book she's always been.

4. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

She looked really good!

I can't wait to see the second part. She's performing in studio so I can't wait to hear it.

5. It's an interesting watch, to be sure, but there almost unequivocal blaming of Bobby - however much of a horrid man he might be - seems odd, yet predictable.

What I found most interesting was when she talked about her marriage vows, and described how she really believed in them. It was a question that Oprah kind held her hand as they walked into it, but Whitney really ran with it. In that moment, I was able to understand her, which is the point of these types of interviews, so I'd say it's going well.

6. IDKMOS performance was fantastic.

She sounded really good.

7. Does Anyone Know When Whitney Houston's Coming 2The UK

8. Not 100% but rumours she is performing on X Factor on Sunday 18th...

9. October 19th is when her album will be released over here.

10. Charley

Charley Staff Member

[​IMG]

This is going to be released at the end of January! And while we're here we might as well make this thread the Whitney back catalogue discussion.

Remastered CD

1. You Give Good Love
    2. Thinking About You
    3. Someone For Me
    4. Saving All My Love For You
    5. Nobody Loves Me Like You Do
    6. How Will I Know
    7. All At Once
    8. Take Good Care Of My Heart
    9. Greatest Love Of All
    10. Hold Me (Duet With Teddy Pendergrass)
    11. Thinking About You (12-inch dance remix by Bruce Forest) (Bonus Track)
    12. Someone For Me (12-inch dance remix by Alan “The Judge” Coulthard) (Bonus Track)
    13. How Will I Know (Acappella) (Bonus Track)
    14. How Will I Know (12-inch dance remix by Jellybean Benitez) (Bonus Track)
    15. Greatest Love Of All (Previously unreleased –recorded live at Radio City Music Hall) (Bonus Track)

DVD

1. Home –Whitney Houston’s premiere TV performance, from the Merv Griffin Show;
    2. You Give Good Love (music video)
    3. Saving All My Love For You (music video)
    4. How Will I Know (music video)
    5. Greatest Love Of All (music video)
    6. You Give Good Love performed at the 1987 Soul Train Awards (Previously Unreleased)
    7. I Am Changing (from Dreamgirls) performed at the AristaRecords 10thAnniversary party 1985 (Previously Unreleased)
    8. New 2009 Interviews with Whitney Houston and Clive Davis on Whitney Houston, 25 years later!

11. IotV

IotV Guest

I Will Always Love You is probably my favourite song of hers (I know it's DP's first, etc). The power of her voice in that last chorus... wow.

12. 3Xs

3Xs

At the BET Honors Jennifer Hudson sang for Whitney. She sounded VERY good (as usual), though not as good as Whitney would have sung it in her prime (in my opinion). But that's neither here nor there, the BEST part of the video is Whitney's crazy ass in the audience.

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RimPJ_9_O4s&feature=player_embedded

13. "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom." Have you got another link, 3Xs?

14. 3Xs

3Xs

15. AMAZING.

16. Is it a little weird how they've turned a song that was originally written about a business partnership ending into (apparently) a tribute to the woman who covered it?

I don't know, I just never thought that you would sing 'I Will Always Love You' to... someone who you still currently loved. If that makes any sense.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.