Whitney Houston | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by IotV, Dec 19, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

ALWAYS puts me in a good mood!

Andy French and idratherjack like this.
  2. Love this demo. Remember this was online months before her comeback and I was loving it, even with that fool Akon on it. Don't like the album version anywhere near as much.

This is the original demo version of the song from 2009, not the album version. The difference in the demo version and the album version, is the demo version do not have the high notes at the end, instead, Whitney uses her signature runs/melismatic skills instead. I really like this version because It is just signature Whitney. Word is, there is a solo version out there with just Whitney singing both versus and no Akon, but we have yet to hear that version. Clive did not like the ending of this version so he made Whitney go back and add the high notes at the end, the ones we hear on the final, album version.

LP, Peer_Gynt10 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  3. Thanks for this!

phoenix123 likes this.
  4. I would love to hear those four special mixes!

phoenix123 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  5. Same! To say I adore this song, is a severe understatement.

idratherjack likes this.
  6. The Whitney album is like a greatest hits in itself. What an era!

7. Indeed, 5 classic singles, and all major hits in their own right.

idratherjack likes this.
  8. I refuse to give up hope of a deluxe expanded Whitney 2CD remaster. We can will this into existence!

9. I alas have very much given up on this!

phoenix123 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  11. Ok my sis!
    [​IMG]

idratherjack likes this.

12. Honestly, I've always preferred the single version to the album mix.

13. Thank you!

Andy French likes this.
  14. The single version's just an edit of the album version isn't it? It always sounded a bit too sped up to me - Jellybean had a habit of doing this to vocals on his production.

This mix is my favourite - not only does it feature the vocals not sped up, but it also contains some vocal ad libs that don't appear in any other version:

15. Thanks,, shall happily listen to this.

phoenix123 likes this.
  16. My favourite. I was JUST playing the cassette single (backed with a Jellybean remix/edit of "How Will I Know")!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. Hurrah! Good taste too.

Pop Life likes this.
  18. I thought I had this but it seems the one I have from the Formel Eins compilation is a different Jellybean & Morales Remix.

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. Loving all the Love Will Save The Day love! Really is such a a brilliant song.

phoenix123 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.