Whitney Houston | Page 85 | The Popjustice Forum

Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by IotV, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Another superb performance of this gem.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  2. The best performance of 'Where Do Broken Heart Go?' was at the Mandela Freedomfest Concert in 1988 - that note at the end...

3. Superb!

4. One legendary Diva, introduces another here!

5. Just such a beautiful song, with a smooth as vocal.

6. I played the debut album this now, really is such a stunning collection of songs (well, maybe not the dull Hold Me!). Take Good Care Of My Heart, so should have been a single too! Fun 80's duet.

Fizzywhig and ImaginationS like this.
  7. I've been giving the debut album a lot of play over the last couple of weeks. I don't think it gets enough credit as being one of the best R&B albums of the 1980s - the quality control is really consistent across the board. I'd definitely rate it as the best female R&B album of that decade.

The only slight criticism I have is that they could have cut the number of duets - they were obviously included to bolster her identity a bit by pairing her with someone else better known, but she didn't need the help.

Interestingly, I was reading that part of the reason why the album took so long to put together was not just because Clive Davis wanted it to be 'perfect', but also because they had trouble recruiting producers to work on it. Whitney did showcases for industry figures on the East and West Coast in 1984, but several producers who attended (Michael Omartian, Ray Parker Jr, etc) said they weren't interested in working with her. I bet they regret that call now.

londonrain and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  8. I'm not sure what all of you are missing, but somehow I don't think Whitney will be making a comeback anytime soon.

9. *Yawns*

Really? Why would that be?

10. Yes, it should indeed be recognised as a classic R&B album of the 1980s, there is plenty of soulful moments on it to back that up, none more so than the divine You Give Good Love, one of her best singles for me.

11. In the absence of a "Dead Legends" sub forum, "Comeback Corner" is the best there is.

12. Indeed, there should never be an excuse to praise and discuss the superb Ms Whitney Houston. Her legacy will shine forever .

13. Fizzywhig and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  14. That looks like the rehearsal for this performance, which was one of the most fun performances she ever gave:

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  15. I love I'm Your Baby Tonight! Such a bop!

Love her look here too:
    [​IMG]

16. The title "My Name is Not Susan" is so iconic.

17. Certainly is. A total tune too!

londonrain likes this.
  18. TEA!

Smooth Criminal and Vasilios like this.
  19. Is it a documentary movie on the way? There was a trailer for 'Whitney' when I went to Love Simon last weekend. Knowing their audience teas.

londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.