Who Owns the Throne 4.0: In the Zone vs. Stripped vs. B'Day (Finale!)

RainOnFire

Staff member
105yxdx.png

It’s been done before. Three of pop’s biggest stars coming together in a PopJustice Versus Rate and battling it out to see who really owns the throne. For the most part, it’s been the same; Britney occupying the entire Top 20, while Beyoncé occupies the entire Bottom 20. However, with a certain Miss Legendtina making her presence known this time around, could things change?

61T476R1KVL._SS500_.jpg

Britney Spears released her fourth studio album In the Zone in November 2003. The album spawned four singles, including two Top 20 hits, one of which was Toxic which became her highest-charting single in over four years. In the Zone found Britney heavily involved in the process of making the album, as she experimented with different styles on the album as well as co-writing 9 of the album’s 12 songs as well as 2 of the bonus tracks. As of June 2010, the album has sold over 10 million copies worldwide.

Me Against the Music (featuring Madonna)
(I Got That) Boom Boom (featuring The Ying Yang Twins)
Showdown
Breathe On Me
Early Mornin’
Toxic
Outrageous
Touch of My Hand
The Hook Up
Shadow
Brave New Girl
Everytime
Don’t Hang Up
The Answer
Girls & Boys

0078636803715.jpg

Christina Aguilera released her second studio album Stripped in October 2002. The album spawned five singles, three of which hit the Top 20 including one of Christina’s signature songs Beautiful. Stripped found Christina gaining creative control, which led to mixed reviews from critics who did not like her new look. The album has sold over 14 million copies worldwide.

Can’t Hold Us Down (featuring Lil’ Kim)
Walk Away
Fighter
Infatuation
Loving Me 4 Me
Impossible
Underappreciated
Beautiful
Make Over
Cruz
Soar
Get Mine, Get Yours
Dirrty (featuring Redman)
The Voice Within
I’m OK
Keep On Singin’ My Song

326214.jpg

Beyoncé released her second studio album B’Day in September 2006. The album spawned six singles, three of which hit the Top 10, including one of Beyoncé’s signature songs Irreplaceable. B’Day is notable for having been created in just over three weeks, as well as its use of live instrumentation. It was re-released in April 2007 with six new songs, including a duet with Shakira, as well as a Spanish EP. As of February 2008, the album has sold over 7 million copies worldwide.

Déjà Vu (featuring Jay-Z)
Get Me Bodied
Suga Mama
Upgrade U (featuring Jay-Z)
Ring the Alarm
Kitty Kat
Freakum Dress
Green Light
Irreplaceable
Resentment
Back Up
Lost Yo’ Mind
Creole
Beautiful Liar (featuring Shakira)
Welcome to Hollywood (featuring Jay-Z)
Flaws & All
World Wide Woman
If
Listen
Still In Love (Kissing You)

Please rate the following songs from 0 to 10, and send in all your scores by Saturday, September 1, 2012. Thank you!

Rate Players
clockworknovak, Xavier, playboy69, Jonathan27, tylerc904, Aester, Fire, Best Fiction, Mushroom3, Conan, SpaceDog2, Lost In Japan, miklc, BML, Keifer3194, Itty Bitty Piggy, BoomBoX, Mr. Telephone Man, MiChiMadNesS, D_ni, citoig, Robsolete, EnsnareTheSenses, jinzo

Last edited:
He / Him / His
Re: Who Owns the Throne 3.0: In the Zone vs. Stripped vs. B'Day

Versus Rate 3.0!? Now now, let's not completely block out jinzo's rate from our memory.

What's the sense in pitting these albums against each other?

What's the sense in pitting these albums against each other?

I thought it was going to be In The Zone vs. Stripped vs. Dangerously In Love. That'd make a bit more sense. Maybe Dangerously just didn't stand a chance.

RainOnFire

Staff member

Yeah, I think it was later decided that while the singles would do well, most of Dangerously In Love would just get flushed out in the beginning like Beyonce's albums usually do in these rates. With B'Day, she at least has a fair chance of getting a higher overall album average.

And also, these albums were pitted against each other because I think for the most part, they are arguably regarded as their best work (though I know most people would say Blackout is Britney's best).

Even with B'Day, Beyonce will probably still be fucked apart from Irreplaceable.

All 3 are fantastic albums though.

Oh my god. I want to participate in this, but I don't think I'll be a good sport when any Xtina song gets eliminated. Or when Britney fills out the entire Top 10 preventing all flawless Xtina & Beyonce singles from entering for some strange reason.

I

invertedbutterfly

I've just realised that my favourite songs from In the Zone (things like Shadow and Brave New Girl) are going to do terribly in this.

The question is whether I can be bothered to sit through a Beyoncé album in order to participate.

he/him

Oh YAY now this should be good. In The Zone to lock out the entire top 15 please, it's OBJECTIVELY THE BEST. /keifer

Seriously though In The Zone is an incredible album (Britney's best) and it deserves to be as dominant as Blackout was in its rate.

inverted, you better take part. Brave New Girl needs ALL THE HELP IT CAN GET.

I haven't listened to In The Zone in years, I don't even recognise more than 50% of those tracks! Oops. And if Stripped gets all 8.5-10s from me, is that considered trolling, even if it is my honest opinion?

These are my favorite albums by all three ladies. So this is gonna be a good one. I'm really uncertain about which of these albums I like more. High scores all around then.

Well, there are definitely very good songs on B'Day, but it's not her best album. I wouldn't be surprised if it will end up as the worst rated. Stripped and In The Zone are iconic albums for both of them.

It should seriously be Dangerously In Love, it would fair ALOT better than BDay ever will. BDay may be better as a whole, but Dangerously In Love has the biggest highs of the two, and it makes since as they were all released around the same time.

Get Mine, Get Yours is the greatest single that never was. Stripped is a flawless album.

Get Mine, Get Yours is the greatest single that never was. Stripped is a flawless album.

YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!

Why she released so many non-singles and not that will be forever the biggest headscratcher in her discography (if we overlook the Bionic). If that and Infatuation don't go Top 5, I will be sad!

It's so strange to see Stripped has sixteen tracks while B'Day has twenty. When I was younger I remember thinking that Stripped was one of the longest albums I'd ever heard. It would drag on and on. I've also still never listend to it all the way through. The only reason I discovered the stunning Loving Me 4 Me is because a local radio station here used to play it all the time for some reason. That song deserves at least top 20.

He / Him / His

'Baby Boy' and 'Naughty Girl' would have been the only 'Pre-4' 10s I'd have awarded Beyonce!

'In The Zone' is the best as an album but 'Stripped's highs are just ridiculous. It will be the least predictable of the 4 versus rates.

So, the Top 2.

Will it be Toxic and Everytime, or Everytime and Toxic? YOU DECIDE.