Who should release a Singles Boxset next? | The Popjustice Forum

Who should release a Singles Boxset next?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by AceReject, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Inspired by the lovely Girls Aloud Boxset, I was thinking which band could also follow suit.

Saint Etienne would release an amazing one, TONS of B sides.
    Madonna's would be great just for the artwork
    Pet Shop Boys obviously.

Any more?

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ones I'd buy:

- Britney
    - Sugababes
    - Destiny's Child
    - Spice Girls
    - Steps (never gonna happen, and I already own all singles, but it would be nice)
    - Ace Of Base
    - Rachel Stevens (NEVER gonna happen, kinda ridiculous, but I don't own one single and still want to get them all for the b-sides, so a box would be easy)

Ones I'd definitely want, but which would probably be very expensive:
    - Madonna
    - Kylie

I'd like them to be just like the GA-one, although I wouldn't mind if they just put the remixes on each single, and add a seperate b-side-disc.

3. Britney Britney Britney Britney!

4. Kylie, of course! Forgot about her.

5. The Sugababes definitely. They got so many B-Sides.

Also, Janet Jackson, because her single edits are always different from the Album versions that have fades from various interludes for the most part.

Britney's would be useless, 90% of her remixes are bad, artwork horrendous, the single versions no different from the album ones and she got no B-Sides at all.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well, she's got quite a few of non-albumtracks in her early years (or ones that weren't on all versions of her albums).

7. I like you.

Madonna, Kylie, Kate Bush, and Bananarama PLZ.

8. Britney, but it would have to have a book like the GA one and a rareties disc with actual unreleased songs on it (even ones that have already leaked, just to have something else by her seeing as Britney b-sides are so scarce) and a good chunk of her remixes.

9. Love your avatar! Possibly my favourite album of all time!

And I forgot about Kate Bush too, hers would be great just so I could flick through all the artwork throughout the years! Did she have many non album B sides?

10. Sugababes and Kylie, definitely, though I own a lot of Kylie singles already.

11. Thanks!

Kate Bush has a smattering of b-sides, roughly about 15-20 odds. She's done a boxset already, but she could get away with doing a new, updated one.

12. Oh yeah, This Womans Work was'nt it? To be honest I would rather have a Remastered Kate Bush album collection. They need remastering so badly!

13. I know. I've always thought it strange that 'Hounds of Love' should get remastered and the others not.

14. Madonna
    Pet Shop Boys
    Saint Etienne
    Kate Bush

Yep, all the usual suspects.

EG.

15. I want to buy This Woman's Work,but I've got a horrible gut feeling that about a week after I shelled out and bought it, she'd emerge from the ether and release a new updated and remastered box set - with a dvd of all her videos.

I can dream...

16. Garbage.

Some of their B-Sides are absolutely brilliant and their early material needs remastering.

17. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Kate Bush, definitely. Madonna would be nice but not essential, she doesn't have many b-sides.

Pet Shop Boys - yes, yes, yes, although I've almost got every B-side now. Would've been nice a few years ago.

Prince needs something, anything at all to get all his B-sides out there - some of them have never been released on CD.

18. Who should release a Singles Boxset, not who should release one single.

19. Sugababes.

Madonna & Kylie should too, but they'd probably be too expensive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.