Who's a vegetarian/vegan here? | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Who's a vegetarian/vegan here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shadow2009, Jan 29, 2017.

1. I just fried diced tofu and big chunky bits of fresh mushrooms with olive oil and garlic.

2. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Any seitan recipes y’all like? I tried a packaged brand from Target that I...don’t love. Wondering if it’s worth making my own or just finding other alternatives to eat?

Vegan stir fry and Katsu sounds delish @Neon Green

Neon Green likes this.
  3. Wagamama’s vegan ribs are unreal, FYI.

4. The Katsu is lovely sis! One of the nicest things I’ve eaten - I’ll get my friend to send me the recipe for you x

Subwaykid likes this.
  5. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

That’d be great, thanks sis!

6. [​IMG]
    Trying some vegan lion mane siew mai dumplings today! ❤️

Neon Green and Vasilios like this.
  7. We're in week two of no meat (I forgot and had some mozzarella lol) and I don't miss meat at all. I did pass by a chicken roast store that opened next to me and go 'I'll visit soon' but nothing major.

Boyfriend cooked cheakpea soup tpday with potatoes and bits of orange (and a stick of cinnamon on it while boiling) and it's so yummy - the apartment smelled so christmassy too lol.

8. I would eat more chickpeas if it doesn’t make me fart like no tomorrow hehe.

Neon Green likes this.
  9. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

This sounds great and cozy, think I’ll try this weekend.

10. Just a reminder that Richmond meat free sausages have changed my life and anyone that hasn’t tried them needs to immediately.

tea, Milotic, tyrabnks and 2 others like this.
  11. I thought they were...fine, but not amazing. Then again, I eat faux sausages about twice a year normally so what do I know?

12. I don't mind the inside but the casing (sausage skin?) is disgusting. I can see why they are so popular.

13. I’d say they’re for people looking for a meat substitute rather than a vegan sausage. To me, I literally can’t tell the difference and for some people that’s perfect while other people don’t like that. They even smell the same.

Vegan for three years and had previously always struggled with finding a sausage that doesn’t taste either overly seasoned or have an awful texture.

tyrabnks likes this.
  14. Agreed, I had them the other day as I am trying to cut down on meat and really liked them. I will happily use them going forward instead of normal sausages.

I am also really impressed as I bought the Beyond Meat burger patties for the first time without telling my partner and he actually did not realise that it wasn’t meat until I told him afterwards. It was delicious! It’s a shame they are so much more expensive than regular patties otherwise I would also have them on regular rotation.

tea likes this.
  15. Amazing that they only had to change the packaging and not the recipe!

tea and DangerousHun like this.
  16. Yelling.

tea likes this.
  17. So I tried Impossible meat for the first time today when I made vegan gnocchi with “meatballs” and I definitely prefer Beyond.

[​IMG]

Maybe it’s because I haven’t had beef in about two years, I just find Impossible to be too beefy for me. It kinda made me nauseous. So if you’re thinking of trying that, consider yourself warned.

18. Honestly so happy to be vegetarian - I can't imagine eating meat ever again, it kinda grosses me out now? Not to get up on my high horse but it's true.

tea and happiestgirl like this.
  19. I have more basil on hand than I know what to do with and can only eat so much pesto (in truth, I can eat a lot of it...) so I tried this against my better instincts. But I have to give it to him, Jamie came through!
    https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/pistou-soup/

Scrap/replace the parmesan and you'll eat vegan and get your five-a-day in for a solid week. I didn't bother with the pasta either as the potatoes do enough to keep me full all day. If you are going to add pasta, cook it separately and add it as you're reheating/eating it.

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do with a LOT of fresh oregano? The only herb I can think of that I only ever use dry?

Quimogen likes this.
  20. If you have any freezer space, wash the oregano and chop it then freeze it either bagged or in a container. I keep dill, coriander and parsley frozen like this for cooking. Works like a charm.

sometimesxtc and Quimogen like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.