Will Yaasss be allowed to used in the forum? | The Popjustice Forum

Will Yaasss be allowed to used in the forum?

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by LPT, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LPT

LPT

hi, just wondering if Yaaaas will now be allowed to be used freely as it has been added to the dictionary? Also Lol and OMG are also in the dictionary too so will there be a loosening up of these rules?

Vasilios, Syzygyz, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  2. Maybe Yaaaas for the kiis, but LOL and OMG are irritating as fuck.

constantino, Island, IMHO and 4 others like this.
  3. I support this statement. (Yaaass.)

DJHazey, Syzygyz, Island and 4 others like this.
  4. Rhombae.

5. Remorquable

Jwentz, Totto, aaronhansome and 3 others like this.
  6. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Staff Member

I'll take "questions to which I hope the answer is no" for 10, please.

(I don't remember us intervening on the use of 'yaaaass' recently. Maybe if it was a one word post, but that would break a whole other rule).

7. I do find it funny how frequently-used YAAS and S-L-A-Y are used in the pop music, from lyrics to merchandise to the artists themselves propagating their use on social media and yet they're banned here. It feels weirdly out of touch (and a far cry from a time of 'donks' and 'Poppers o' Clock').

I mean, hasn't poor Bonnie McKee suffered enough setbacks without one of her shelved song titles being censored on here into the bargain.

8. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

These words are not allowed on the Popjustice forum.

9. Didn't she stylise her song title with a dot between each letter, conveniently side-stepping the forum censorship before it was even implemented? Mystic McKee.

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

If something could be done about the rise in people using essay-like language on here that would be great. If I have to pick apart a post in order to understand what it means I'm not going to bother nine times out of ten. I get enough of that at work. I'm all for people using the English language to the best of their ability, but there is a difference between a response that is well written and someone just being a smart arse.

11. A.K.A. stop calling everything 'reductive' just because Madonna said it once.

Seanie, AshleyKerwin and Baby Clyde like this.
  12. It's not 2012 don't worry

Modeblock, DJHazey, K94 and 5 others like this.
  13. "Kii" is worse than both of those!

14. Except it's not.

Kii.

15. I get Kii and I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_ confused.

Seanie and Rhombus like this.
  16. I guess because LOL and OMG have been around for 15 or so years they're more commonplace. Kii has only entered my life in the last year or so and it's really annoying (like 'teas' is). But I'll probably get used to it overtime - secretly hoping it goes the same way as 'pwn' though. No one uses that anymore, thankfully.

There are a lot of phrases and words that I only ever see on the PJ forums and never anywhere else in life. 'Kii' is one and another is statements turned into an almost negative question beginning with 'Not' - e.g. "Not me serving grumpy old man teas".

marie_05 likes this.
  17. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

They've been added to dictionary.com, which is literally just a website.

I could set up a website called RhythmNativesWerrrrrdz.net and add the word "cumbunch" and it would be as equally a legitimate addition to the English lexicon.

18. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Staff Member

Please do this.

19. OU812

OU812 Guest

Oh yessssss

20. The rise of the sort of ATRL-esque language (essentially white gays stealing from ballroom and drag lexicon, isn't it?) is rather fascinating to watch, especially as it's becoming adopted by more and more people who have no understanding of it past seeing a couple of Ru Paul's Drag Race episodes.

"Kii" and "teas" really needed to be added to the banned list because it's just so lazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.