WinterVision Song Contest 2022 | The Popjustice Forum

WinterVision Song Contest 2022

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Mtrt, Apr 1, 2021.

1. The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) has announced the introduction of the Wintervision Song Contest.

Sweden will host the inaugural Contest in Jukkasjärvi during December 2022.

Inspired partly by the Winter Olympics, the Wintervision Song Contest will take place once every two years and will be performed entirely on snow and ice.

Local authorities in the Kiruna Municipality will create a spectacular temporary open-air venue for the Contest, the Snow Globen Arena, which will seat up to 2,000 spectators against a backdrop of glistening ice forests, frolicking reindeer and, of course, the aurora borealis.

So far, 15 EBU Members have confirmed their participation with more expected to follow.

As hosts, Sweden automatically qualify for the Grand Final alongside the ‘Frosty 5’ broadcasters from those competing nations with the highest snowfall: Norway, Russia, Iceland, Finland and Switzerland (Alps).

Wintervision Song Contest participants:

• Sweden (hosts)

• Azerbaijan

• Cyprus

• Iceland ❄️

• Finland ❄️

• Germany

• Luxembourg

• Monaco

• Norway ❄️

• Russia ❄️

• Slovakia

• Slovenia

• Switzerland ❄️

• Turkey

• United Kingdom

❄️ = member of the 'Frosty 5'
    Eligibility to participate in the Contest is limited to EBU Members, and participating countries can either host their own national selection shows or use an internal selection process.

soratami likes this.
  2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Kiiiii. Imagine if this were actually a real thing!

"Te Deum (Festive Remix)" dddd

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone!

soratami likes this.
  3. It had me laughing out loud reading those criteria to enter this new competition. I love the (interns of the) social media team of the EBU!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    soratami and londonrain like this.
  4. Frosty 5 I am screaming

soratami and WoW73 like this.
  5. Wait.. I actually want this... It sounds bonker and fun..

soratami and WoW73 like this.
  6. Eurovision on Ice... I know it’s April fools but they should seriously make this a thing

soratami, ateensfan and WoW73 like this.
  7. This has more chances of being real than asiavision at this point kii

soratami, constantino and Alenko like this.
  8. This would be iconic though. I would be here for Cyprus slapping a few Xmas instruments over their next iteration of Fuego à la -

londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.