WJ RATE? ♡ the WJSN discography rate。.:*☆ AND THE WINNER IS... | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

WJ RATE? ♡ the WJSN discography rate。.:*☆ AND THE WINNER IS...

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by junglefish, Sep 20, 2021.

1. WOOOOOOOW

[​IMG]

@Monado babe I hate to say it but you shoulda kept your mouth shut!!!

He, Vixen, codecat and 15 others like this.
  2. Oh as if eliminating Memories wasn't enough for you polluted Earth Dwellers, you had to go and get rid of Prince too. You WILL be dealt with.
    [​IMG]

Serg., Vixen, codecat and 12 others like this.
  3. Where does @Wills come up with these idioms?

He, KimLippington, codecat and 10 others like this.
  4. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Not the very next post sksksksks!!!!!

5. Aaa you flatter me! ♡

No but actually, I'm shocked that this is out so early – it just screams quintessential WJSN, and with one of their most standout melodies to boot. But then, I guess we all have those tunes that target very specific dopamine receptors....... or something, idk how brains work, I don't even have one!!

Vixen, KimLippington, codecat and 8 others like this.
  6. I Wish or You & I next pleek
    b0947a55jw1f7svuc2zk0j20rs15oqd4.jpg

ysev likes this.
  7. Serg., He, vague and 14 others like this.
  8. I know as one of the hosts I should like every post in this thread, but I’m gonna make an exception this time!
    [​IMG]

Serg., He, vague and 18 others like this.
  9. Time to cut our second 'For The Summer' track...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cosmic Babes: 10x1 (@Slice of Life) 9x5 (@Cotton Park, @Love Deluxe, @vague, @Wills, @Hurricane Drunk) 8.75x4 (@codecat, @junglefish, @He, @KimLippington)
    Earth Dwellers: 5x1 (@Vixen) 6x3 (@ysev, @eliminathan, @enjoy) 7x1 (@RUNAWAY)
    Hosts:
    @junglefish: 8.75
    @ysev: 6
    5 Voters: 54
    10 Voters: 49
    15 Voters: 40
    20 Voters: 41
    24 Voters: 41

Ugh. You Vitamin D-deprived heaux desperately need some sun, a fruity cocktail and sand in your buttcrack because this summery bop deserved better. Much better!

It's giving @Slice of Life on vacation.
    It's giving pond reply days she was always on the beach back then.
    It's giving NOW That's What I Call Summer Hits.
    It's giving Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

It's giving everything a summer song should give and because of some of you, it's already left us! Now, I'm partly responsible because I should have given it more than a 8.75, but lemme redirect all the blame on my co-host and the rest of the earth dwellers.

Written and composed by Full8loom, My Type is the third track on the girls' first and only to date special album and it fits its concept perfectly. It's a fun, upbeat and breezy summer smash, perfect for dancing around a bonfire on the beach and/or lounging on a chaise longue. I'm a big fan of this type of sound, so it's no surprise I'm a fan. My favorite part is without a doubt that little part in the pre-chorus that gives me similar vibes to the chorus of Papaya's aing (covered by some group called OH MY GIRL). Everybody sounds fantastic in this, especially Yeonjung who's SINGING for Ra, Helios and all the other Sun Gods and Goddesses. My only complaint, and this is gonna be a departure for most of my write-ups, is... the inclusion of a very unnecessary rap section! It's just doesn't fit the vibe of the track. I'm not saying it's terrible, just that it shouldn't exist.

Let's not end this writeup on a sour note though. I'm nitpicking to justify not giving it a better score. We didn't get a lot of commentary for My Type, but let's see what you had to say!

@Charles Vingt-†rois (8.5) : and this is why Yeonjung is fantastic.

@RUNAWAY (7) : well....it’s got nothing on Miyu’s song of the same name.

10. and then, Neverland aka their best mini is the only one with all the songs still in.

3vESfnK.gif

Serg., thommyh, eatyourself and 7 others like this.
  11. Careful not to jinx it.
    [​IMG]

Vixen, BEST FICTION, Serg. and 14 others like this.
  12. Top 40.... what a ride!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cosmic Babes: 10x3 (@He, @KimLippington, @Charles Vingt-†rois) 9.5x3 (@Slice of Life, @Cotton Park, @thommyh) 9x3 (@ultraviolet, @RUNAWAY, @enjoy)
    Earth Dwellers: 2x1 (@Wills) 5x1 (@nikkysan) 6.25x1 (@junglefish)
    Hosts:
    @junglefish: 6.25
    @ysev: 6.5
    5 Voters: 58
    10 Voters: 54
    15 Voters: 52
    20 Voters: 49
    24 Voters: 40

Welcome to your top 40. And just like that 'Neverland' loses its first track. Half of you lovely voters (12) gave this song a score of 9 or higher. I demand expect some fuming replies. We truly arrived at the meat (alt. tofu) of the rate, huh.

'Hola' is the second track on its parent EP and thus follows the equally loud title track 'Butterfly'. Tinnitus, tinnitus, bitch you a f-cking puss. It's written by KZ, B.O. and Exy and arranged by Nithonius. Our beautiful hispanohablantes already know it but for our resident clueless gringos: hola means hello in Spanish (hehe). It seems like the lyricists legitimately didn't know the meaning of the word and simply used it because it rhymes with 'olla' which means 'up' in Korean. Maybe they thought it meant holler?

The song is loud and the production is very kitchen sink maximalistic. It's a very obvious dance pop number with little to no room for suspense, mystique or any hidden thrill. Clearly a good song doesn't need any of the aforementioned qualities but it's WJSN we're talking about, so blatancy isn't necessarily a quality I am looking for in them.

And that's my biggest qualm with it. It's obvious, blatant and parodically on the nose. And on top of that it's excruciatingly loud! It really takes a certain kind of... talent to make a group with vocalists like Yeonjung, Dawon, Soobin, Seola and Dayoung sound as shrill as they do here. None of them sound comfortably at home on 'Hola' and that's a damn shame! There's also a quite funny portion at the beginning of the song where Yeonjung's "We goin' Hola" is put through an autotune filter and makes her sound like a real housewife of Cheongdam. Her lil 'Classy, Sexy, Elegnace' serve.

All in all I can see why it resonated with so many of you. It's because you are homosexual. How would you feel though, if I told you they chant "Shake it! We make the loser gay, we don't care" in the bridge? Would you still defend 'Hola'? Food for thought, elle gee bee tea queue plus community.

PS: @Wills applied for cosmic immunity when he submitted his scores and therefore no one is allowed to drag him for his act of bravery xx

@KimLippington (10) : *Yeonjung bursts through the wall like the Kool-Aid man* HOLA!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!

@Charles Vingt-†rois (10) : this is relentless amazingness on a pristine production. It’d be such a moment to see it performed in a live concert in person.

@Cotton Park (9.5) : Another case of a b-sides outrivaling the single.

@Attis (7.5) : Whew the girls are sounding tired here which is a pretty rare case, the keys are just too high

@Wills (2) : Handily my least favourite song of theirs, the shouty chorus is so far beneath them it’s embarrassing

BEST FICTION, Serg., enjoy and 17 others like this.
  13. Jfgufjffududggittiridkt stoppp

And good riddance!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    BEST FICTION, Serg., thommyh and 13 others like this.
  14. Please........this fucking elimination and its paragraphs dlsjfhdksjfh get her @ysev!

[​IMG]

BEST FICTION, Serg., enjoy and 15 others like this.
  15. Fuuuckiiiing BYE!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

The gay gene's been rotting some ear canals around here, that's the only explanation I can muster. Everything else can win the rate now! x

BEST FICTION, thommyh, Vixen and 10 others like this.
  16. Hmmmm it seems the girls cannot TAKE trilingual triple threat Yoo Yolanda Yeonjung harnessing the full supersonic range of her outdoor voice! I, for one, have built up resistance to her ear-piercing belts after spending much of 2016 using this video to prove to Sejeong stans that she is, in fact, Taeyeon's daughter [/VIXEN]. Pensamientos y oraciones to your eardrums xx

BEST FICTION, vague, He and 13 others like this.
  17. I should’ve scored Hola lower! This is the closest WJSN ever got to sounding like what the 4th gen girls are putting out these days and I’m glad that was only a failed experiment. The most faceless song in their catalog, and a stain on what is otherwise an immaculate mini-album.

codecat, junglefish, ysev and 2 others like this.
  18. The way I've been losing my mind at this fucking post for the past 90 minutes

[​IMG]

Lemme sign up for my Holabotomy next!

BEST FICTION, vague, thommyh and 10 others like this.
  19. Then I'll shut up.

enjoy, vague, Attis and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.