Woke Up With This Song In My Head: The Thread

If you wake up with a song in your head, do you HAVE to play it to properly exorcise the earworm?

• Yuh, most definitely

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Nah, don't need to

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Sometimes, it depends on how crazy it's driving me

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters
'Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain'

Actually had a weird mish-mash of Speak Now songs in my head this morning when I woke up. Weird.

So, I watch a lot of video essays on YouTube (mainly about movies, tv shows, & music). I love this one about 'Ribs' & rewatched it last week while working on some other music stuff.

Anyways, since I watched it again, its been stuck in my head when I've woken up the last couple of day.

This era of Hayley's has been a bit messy, but I really like several songs on her, EP. 'L.O.V.E. Me' gets stuck in my head more often than I realized it would... including this morning.

Does anyone get one bit of song stuck on repeat when they're ill? I recently just had the flu and whilst lying in bed I had "Into the Unknown" stuck in my head for the whole week.

Does anyone get one bit of song stuck on repeat when they're ill? I recently just had the flu and whilst lying in bed I had "Into the Unknown" stuck in my head for the whole week.

Hmmm, this is an interesting question. I very well may have had this happen to me before and not thought about it context of being ill.

Hopefully you like 'Into The Unknown' ... haha! Personally, I do, but I can imagine having a song stuck in your head you don't enjoy when ill doesn't help the situation.

On a related note to the above question, I have had one of the worst cases of flu I've had in forever this week & the song stuck in my head constantly was Taylor Swift's 'Lover'.

Woke up singing the bridge in my head this morning...

This song from Silver Landings invaded my brain from the first listen... and is becoming a mini-anthem for me during this anxious time. (Thus stuck in my head the last couple of mornings.)

I'm tryin' my best somedays recently, for realz.

'Mirage after mirage...'

Also, not me bumping my thread after 4 months with a song that lyrics that say 'just look who's back in business'

This song has been in my head the last few mornings when I have woken up, though.

I barely paid attention to A1 as a kid, with the exception of maybe three songs. I’ve got a pretty rough bout of tonsillitis at the moment so maybe it’s because of the fever that I just woke up at 2am with this playing in my head. Regardless, it remains a bop and I’m mad people have almost entirely forgotten about it.

This isn't one of the regular songs from folklore that pops in my head, but it has been more the past week.

This part & the chorus was what I woke humming...
"And women like hunting witches too
Doing your dirtiest work for you
It's obvious that wanting me dead
Has really brought you two together"

Either all the Ava Max talk subliminally placed this song in my head the last couple of mornings.... or most likely it's just a fall fave returning to my rotation.

"Why’d you take it as final when you’re starting to spiral
Girl, why can’t you see?"