Women of the 90s | Countdown | #6 ["The OG of LGBTQ anthems for me"] | Page 81 | The Popjustice Forum

Women of the 90s | Countdown | #6 ["The OG of LGBTQ anthems for me"]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Feb 15, 2021.

2. 1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most? Take A Bow
    1a. Which song currently in the Top 40 would you have switch places with it? Hyperballad or Stay
    1b. Which song in the Top 40 is the biggest pleasant surprise for you? All the songs I considered as underdogs are already eliminated... but maybe The Boy Is Mine
    1c. Which song's elimination shocked you the most? Too many! Both songs from Ace Of Base were out way too early though.
    1d. Is there any song you regret not giving points to? Mi Chico Latino
    2. How many 12's do you have left? 3
    2a. How many did you expect you'd have left right now? 2/3
    2b. How many of those songs do expect will make the Top 20? (If you don't have any 12's left, talk about your 10's instead) 2
    3. Which radio station needs to have the most eliminations before we reach the Top 30? Kroks
    3a. Which radio station needs to remain untouched until we reach the Top 30? CBOP and Magia
    3b. Is your favorite radio station doing better or worse than you expected? better!

3. 1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most? I didn't expect Push It, so of the ones that almost made it I kind of wish My Lovin' (Never Gonna Get It) was still in.

1a. Which song currently in the Top 40 would you have switch places with it? Sorry quirky voters but Hyberballad!

1b. Which song in the Top 40 is the biggest pleasant surprise for you? Considering Shania might have taken a hit for some controversies she'd made for herself in recent years, having at least That Don't Impress Me Much still alive for the bumpkins.

1c. Which song's elimination shocked you the most? Since it won a rate with a lot of competition already, I definitely expected better than #82 for Lovefool.

1d. Is there any song you regret not giving points to? There's one in the Top 40 I won't reveal, but of the ones recently probably Unpretty.

2. How many 12's do you have left? 2

2a. How many did you expect you'd have left right now? 2, I didn't think This Is Your Night would go nearly as far as it did and with Maria I didn't have any expectations after Blondie didn't always shine in the 80's rate.

2b. How many of those songs do expect will make the Top 20? I would expect both of my other 12's to make it and they will. (if you have a guess to what those songs are that's fine, but if you are one of the few that know for sure, please refrain from spoilers.)

3. Which radio station needs to have the most eliminations before we reach the Top 30? Magia, like 'Bison' could probably go at this point for sure and a couple others.

3a. Which radio station needs to remain untouched until we reach the Top 30? Haan-FM

3b. Is your favorite radio station doing better or worse than you expected? Much much worse (Haan-FM)

pop3blow2, funkyg, GimmeWork and 7 others like this.
  4. I'm still shocked that Lauryn Hill's Doo Wop (That Thing) was ousted so early. I figured that would be a PJ classic.

I guess it's not that surprising that both Rush Rush and Take a Bow are gone but I've always loved those songs and, at least here in North America, they were number 1 for weeks, so I thought they would do a bit better.

Also thrilled that Love... Thy Will Be Done is hanging in there. I listened to it again the other day and it's still as stunning as ever.

Otherwise, that's a solid Top 40.

5. Not my penultimate 12 falling one place before the top 40!
    Push It is just incredible and not even my favourite Garbage track (that would be You Look So Fine). Definitely peak era Garbage. Also, isn’t Shirley Manson one of the coolest popstars of all time? I think she is.

6. Very strong top 40, but yet more shocks to come with this am sure.

Cotton Park, Filippa, Ezz and 2 others like this.
  7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Vision Of Love, It's All Coming Back To Me Now and Better The Devil You Know are probably my least favourite 3 left so I'm rooting for them to go asap.

Phonetics Girl and DJHazey like this.
  8. It's sad to see 'Push It' pushed out just before the Top 40, but I didn't have any idea how far it would get when I chose it as one of my 12's, so I can't be too disappointed. 'Push It' is my favourite Garbage song, but 'Vow' comes very close.

I named Garbage as the act I could have had 10 songs from. I gave 3 points to 'I Think I'm Paranoid' but I'm not sure it would even make my Top 10 of 90's Garbage.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  9. 1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most? Man! I Feel Like A Woman
    1a. Which song currently in the Top 40 would you have switch places with it? Don't Speak
    1b. Which song in the Top 40 is the biggest pleasant surprise for you? Ooh Aah...Just a Little Bit
    1c. Which song's elimination shocked you the most? All I Wanna Do
    1d. Is there any song you regret not giving points to? My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
    2. How many 12's do you have left? 4
    2a. How many did you expect you'd have left right now? At least 3
    2b. How many of those songs do expect will make the Top 20? (If you don't have any 12's left, talk about your 10's instead) At least 2, worried that time might be running out for the other two
    3. Which radio station needs to have the most eliminations before we reach the Top 30? WKEY and HAAN could do with small culls
    3a. Which radio station needs to remain untouched until we reach the Top 30? KROX or CBOP
    3b. Is your favorite radio station doing better or worse than you expected? CBOP is doing as well as expected and glad to see Vicenza especially holding up so surprisingly well

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    Filippa, soratami, Ezz and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ezz

Ezz

1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most?

Alice Deejay Better Off Alone - how can such a seminal classic be done so dirty?

1a. Which song currently in the Top 40 would you have switch places with it?

Madonna Ray of Light

1b. Which song in the Top 40 is the biggest pleasant surprise for you?

I wasn't sure how Together Again would fare so happy that is still in the running!

1c. Which song's elimination shocked you the most?

I must say when Macy Gray fell so early I was quite speechless, as it's such an adolescent anthem for me.

1d. Is there any song you regret not giving points to?

I regret not giving more points to Zombie - I feel that was deserving of a top 40 placement.

2. How many 12's do you have left?

Surprisingly after the early bloodbath, 2

2a. How many did you expect you'd have left right now?

Probably about that, given my love of the Kroxx channel.

2b. How many of those songs do expect will make the Top 20? (If you don't have any 12's left, talk about your 10's instead)

If 1 doesn't I would be very surprised, given how seminal an LGBTQ icon they are.

3. Which radio station needs to have the most eliminations before we reach the Top 30?

Possibly C-bop as 10% of the top 40 being made up of the Spice Girls is a bit of overkill for me.

3a. Which radio station needs to remain untouched until we reach the Top 30?

Please leave Kroxx alone!

3b. Is your favorite radio station doing better or worse than you expected

I was hoping Kroxx would have 10 tracks left so a bit worse...

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  11. 1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most?
    Push It

Love...Thy Will Be Done

Ooh Aah...Just A Little Bit

Never Ever

Not yet.

2. How many 12's do you have left? 1
    In the 'Women of the 80's' rate, 2 of my 12's were in the Top 20.

1. So I'm not too disappointed

2b. How many of those songs do expect will make the Top 20? (If you don't have any 12's left, talk about your 10's instead)
    I think my last 12 should make it there.

3. Which radio station needs to have the most eliminations before we reach the Top 30?
    MAGIA

WKEY

3b. Is your favorite radio station doing better or worse than you expected?
    About the same!

Filippa, soratami, Ezz and 2 others like this.
  12. 1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most? No more I Love You's.
    1a. Which song currently in the Top 40 would you have switch places with it? Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody?
    1b. Which song in the Top 40 is the biggest pleasant surprise for you? Hyperballad.
    1c. Which song's elimination shocked you the most? Freak Like Me possibly. Some of us were quite hyped for it.
    1d. Is there any song you regret not giving points to? Unbreak My Heart.
    2. How many 12's do you have left? 3!!!
    2a. How many did you expect you'd have left right now? Judging by the reactions, 1.
    2b. How many of those songs do expect will make the Top 20? (If you don't have any 12's left, talk about your 10's instead) 2, if I'm lucky.
    3. Which radio station needs to have the most eliminations before we reach the Top 30? Each of them has at least one favourite, so hard to say.
    3a. Which radio station needs to remain untouched until we reach the Top 30? Pure Moods.
    3b. Is your favorite radio station doing better or worse than you expected? Better! Much better!

13. Filippa's Top 40 Survey

1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most?
    Texas - Summer Son
    Everything But The Girl - Missing
    (I know I am rather alone with this view, but I simply can't stand that song)

Martika - Love...Thy Will Be Done
    maybe All Saints - Never Ever?
    Anni Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass
    (I chose the wrong Anni song, although I love them all ...)
    Three
    I certainly hoped for all four!
    (I knew Summer Son wouldn't last very long 'though)
    I certainly hope for all three!
    Magia, Krox and CBop
    Definitely WKey (The Code)

14. Top 40 Survey

Garbage - Push It (I guess it almost did but it deserved A LOT higher).
    Natalie Imbruglia - Torn ( Never understood the hype)
    Gina G - Ooh Aah...Just a Little Bit
    Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid (93!!! Are you fucking kidding me?! It slaps)
    Olive | You're Not Alone
    Lauryn Hill | Doo Wop (That Thing)

Magia 97.1
    Wkey 93.2 The Code (She's barely hanging on!)
    Far worse than I had hoped or expected. The rock chicks were most certainly not in the house!

15. Top 40 Survey

Cornflake Girl, since it was my 12 that came closest to the top 40.

Love... Thy Will Be Done. I'm truly baffled that's still here.

Hyperballad.

I Try back at #107. A disgrace.

Not really, considering that would have required removing one of the songs I did vote for from my ballot.

[​IMG]

Hard to tell, but I certainly expected some of the songs I voted for to do a bit better.

My three remaining 10s are all massive classics, so hopefully they'll all make the top 20.

Hard to say because the songs I'd like to see gone are spread over various stations, but I'll go with CBOP since it's tied for the most songs left.

Even if it's not realistic, Magia.

Magia is doing a lot better than I expected. Vicenza, which is the one I gave most points to, is doing about as well as I expected, even if most of my faves from it have already been eliminated.

16. 1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most?

Man! I Feel Like A Woman

Love...Thy Will Be Done

Given her previous 2 cuts already I am very pleased That Don’t Impress Me Much is still hanging on!

Never Ever

Ooh Aah...Just a Little Bit

Two

Ideally all 4, 3 at the least!

Hopefully at least one of them does!

Magia 97.1

Haan-FM

About the same

DJHazey, sfmartin and MilesAngel like this.
  17. Top 40 Survey

1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most? Escapade.
    1a. Which song currently in the Top 40 would you have switch places with it? Believe.
    1b. Which song in the Top 40 is the biggest pleasant surprise for you? Are You That Somebody?
    1c. Which song's elimination shocked you the most? Escapade.
    1d. Is there any song you regret not giving points to? Meh.
    2. How many 12's do you have left? Three
    2a. How many did you expect you'd have left right now? Four
    2b. How many of those songs do expect will make the Top 20? (If you don't have any 12's left, talk about your 10's instead) Hopefully all three, but I’ll be realistic and say two.
    3. Which radio station needs to have the most eliminations before we reach the Top 30? Pure moods.
    3a. Which radio station needs to remain untouched until we reach the Top 30? Magia 97.1
    3b. Is your favorite radio station doing better or worse than you expected? Better

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    londonrain, DJHazey and berserkboi like this.
  18. 1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most?
    Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellite
    TLC - Waterfalls
    Sade - No Ordinary Love
    #125. Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do (didn't know others didn't care for this song much)
    no
    one
    about one
    none
    Magia 97.1
    Pure Moods Vicenza
    worse

DJHazey, berserkboi and MilesAngel like this.
  19. 1. Which song, that has already been eliminated, do you wish had made the Top 40 the most? Criminal

1a. Which song currently in the Top 40 would you have switch places with it? Ray of Light

1b. Which song in the Top 40 is the biggest pleasant surprise for you? Love...Thy Will Be Done, but I'm also so happy Hyperballad is still in.

1c. Which song's elimination shocked you the most? Lovefool, definitely! I also expected the Ace of Base songs to do much better, though I certainly didn't mind losing them.

1d. Is there any song you regret not giving points to? Weirdly, no. Maybe I should have given My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) more points, though.

2. How many 12's do you have left? Four!

2a. How many did you expect you'd have left right now? Two? Maybe just one

2b. How many of those songs do expect will make the Top 20? (If you don't have any 12's left, talk about your 10's instead) Probably one

3. Which radio station needs to have the most eliminations before we reach the Top 30? C-BOP, though I'm sure that's wishful thinking

3a. Which radio station needs to remain untouched until we reach the Top 30? If it weren't for Ray of Light, I'd say Pure Moods, but I dislike it enough that I'll say my favorite instead, Magia, though I know it could stand to lose a few songs

3b. Is your favorite radio station doing better or worse than you expected? Much better!

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I don’t know what voodoo our host did to keep her, but Martika still being here is a huge shock for me, especially over so many acts I would have expected to be much bigger PJ faves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.