Women of the 90s | Countdown | Winner Revealed ["It should win the Best Video Award"] | Page 116 | The Popjustice Forum

Women of the 90s | Countdown | Winner Revealed ["It should win the Best Video Award"]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. What a Rate! What a winner! (Frozen would have been in my Top 10 tracks around Missing if I included songs that had previously won) Amazing work @DJHazey - you made it wonderful til the end!

2. I'd add to this the coincidence of the two rates and the Madonna rare ending up with the same positions for both Like A Prayer (#2) and Frozen (#1)

3. @DJHazey , thank you for another great rate!

A pretty great (albeit predictable) winner, I think. In terms of 90s Madonna songs I definitely feel like Vogue had a much bigger impact, but Frozen is by far the superior song.
    Madonna generally seems to have a broader appeal than Britney (despite the forum’s enduring obsession with the latter), so she had this on lock.

londonrain, DJHazey and berserkboi like this.
  4. The Popjustice Coven strikes again! A deserving winner, even if BOMT got more points from me in the end.

Thanks as always for hosting such a thorough, incredible celebration of the 90s, @DJHazey! LOVED IT.

5. Awwww, I was so hoping for a Poptartjustice ending, but Hazey you've been flawless as always so I can't find it in me to complain! Thanks and hugs!

6. Hazey’s Mom has got it goin on.

Filippa, slaybellz, soratami and 7 others like this.
  7. Thank you for bringing your usual level of accuracy, research and drama to this rate @DJHazey it was so fun! I gave Baby 2 but Frozen 10, so I’m happy with how everything shook out in the end!

8. Ezz

Ezz

Thank you @DJHazey, another superlative rate with shocks at the beginning, less so at the end but still really interesting. Now how can Des'ree be incorporated into another rate...?

9. Frozen should've won video of the year, but Ray Of Light did and presented by Geri Halliwell. Does it get more 90s than that?

Thanks for the hard work @DJHazey, it's been a blast!

10. Congrats on another flawlessly hosted rate @DJHazey, it's been a blast! Really hope we can have an 00s one sometime in the future.

11. [​IMG]

12. Congrats to Madonna! If anyone wants justice for Britney/Baby One More Time then come and vote in my Britney rate! #Promo

13. Wait, "Baby One More Time" was the 8th best selling single of the 90s?!

14. Yes. It's one of the biggest selling female singles of all time (up there with Cher, Whitney and Celine) and sold well over a million in the UK.

15. 7 songs included in the rate were in the Top 20 best-selling singles of the 90's in the UK -
    Barbie Girl - 4th
    Believe - 5th
    ...Baby One More Time - 8th
    I Will Always Love You - 10th
    My Heart Will Go On - 11th
    Wannabe - 12th
    Never Ever - 14th

Celine's Think Twice was 16th

16. Well @DJHazey even when I am trying to post about another rate, clearly I am still thinking about this one and how awesome it was, thank you!

17. There's my bubblegum ending. Go Aqua!

18. Amazing rate @DJHazey. Elated with how well 'Torn' did. I figured a Britney + Madonna finale was in the cards the whole time (though I thought it might be a different song than 'Frozen'. Maybe that was silly.) It's mist certainly a worthy winner, though.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make some programming changes at WKEY.... we are failing in the ratings! Ha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.