Women of the 90s | Countdown | Winner Revealed ["It should win the Best Video Award"] | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Women of the 90s | Countdown | Winner Revealed ["It should win the Best Video Award"]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. The victory for me is a certain Dutch dance diva making it to the top half of the countdown.

¡Joder!

2. And according to the peanut gallery it was "who's Amber?", "are we sure she's big enough a name for this?", "poor Amber against this list", etc.

londonrain, soratami, funkyg and 6 others like this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

This Is Your Night might be my favourite 90s dance track. It's definitely up there.

4. I Will Always Love You being out already is just wrong on so many levels. ...... also, You're Still The One is such a classic. Wish I'd given it points.

5. The way this rate is going, I don't think I wanna guess what will be out next!!

6. Amber needs to gtfo when we're losing so many classics.

7. Proud of my girl Amber seeing off all these heavyweights.

8. I agree. Sorry Amber.

GimmeWork, Robsolete and DJHazey like this.
  9. These need to go:

Aqua | Barbie Girl
    Kylie Minogue | Better the Devil You Know
    Spice Girls | Say You'll Be There
    Spice Girls | Spice Up Your Life

But considering how far I Should Be So Rotten went in the previous rate, I'm not very hopeful. I will ignore the disagreeing opinions soz x

10. I never knew Olive were so revered here!

POPJUSTICE!!!!

11. I agree, Amber should absolutely gtfo (get the final ovation)

it was worth a try

13. Janet has way too many songs left in, when only one of them is good sorry.

14. Poor WKEY. Will any songs from there make the top 20 32?

londonrain, soratami, DJHazey and 2 others like this.
  15. Just catching up on the last few pages of eliminations. I am loving how all of these songs I gave no points to are leaving yeah.gif This feels like the best I've ever done in one of these rates.

Now watch a string of my faves fall in succession.

16. I can't believe 'Take a Bow' is still in this. That song is Yawns-ville with a capital Snooze.

And I'm not just saying that because I supposedly 'hate' Madonna. It's the audio equivalent of beige.

Untouchable Ace and DJHazey like this.
  17. Jennifer Lopez is living proof that you don't need to have a massive voice to make a brilliant popstar (the comparison with Paula Abdul proving my point). If You Had My Love usually wouldn't be my kind of thing being R&B but it's such a bop I had no choice but to stan.

J.Lo's Super Bowl halftime show with Shakira is iconic

[​IMG]

18. SAME!
    You had me on the above comment but lost me here... didn't last long.
    Take A Bow is STUNNING!!!

19. Take A Bow is my favourite Madonna single in this rate. Gorgeous!

DJHazey and Daniel_O like this.
  20. I was in 5th grade at the time, and my mother actually let me stay home from school the day If You Had My Love was to premiere on TRL so that I wouldn’t miss it. Such an iconic song and video.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.