Women of the 90s | Countdown | Winner Revealed ["It should win the Best Video Award"] | Page 70 | The Popjustice Forum

Women of the 90s | Countdown | Winner Revealed ["It should win the Best Video Award"]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. I'm dying at this because this is literally so accurate. Like I was actually in the car one day with my cousin singing the song like that and he was looking at me the same way.

I hate you all for this elimination this song is amazing!

2. Like I said I know nothing about her so I did not want to assume! For example until this rate I thought Whigfield was a group.

3. Haha, nope only the group of wigs she has collected over the years.

4. For me anyway, the better Show Me Love by another Robyn, went out a long time ago now.

5. Hehe, 'twas just a gentle joke, 'cause if I remember correctly, you weren't really 'there' (and literally may not have been there) in the 90s.

6. Hints for tomorrow:

#53 and #52 both have two words for a song title, so:

Barbie Girl
    Cornflake Girl
    Don't Speak
    Hold On
    Missing You
    No Scrubs
    Push It
    Sleeping Satellite
    Together Again
    Viva Forever

7. And so I lose another 12! I knew Zombie’s time was up when I saw that alphabet hint, it actually managed to hang around for a little longer than I expected. It’s such a massive classic. That intro alone is out of this world and destroys entire careers! I remember being so disappointed when I decided to dive into their output on the strength of this song, only to find that their discography was severely lacking in Zombies! At least they gave us this, though: a song unlike any other.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  8. Wait I don't get it dd? Are you accusing me of being a zoomer because I am no such thing!

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Er... these rock quite hard, though.

berserkboi, marie_05, Verandi and 2 others like this.
  10. I... suddenly can’t actually read apparently.

11. There is a strong case to be made for this being the best dance song of the 90s.

Never heard the original mix from 1990 til just now!

12. Louis complimenting Rebecca for her “dancing” when she merely walked down the catwalk and stood like a statue will never not amuse me.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Seeing as I got 1 right last time, let's go again! Cornflake Girl and Push It seem the least Popjustice-y, but I know Tori does have her stans...

Cotton Park and DJHazey like this.
  14. F*ck those were awful cuts for me - a 10 & an 8! Both classics that truly got better with time!

Cotton Park and DJHazey like this.
  15. Criminal!!!!!!!!!!

But I love the mention of Here I Go in the comments, such a hit.

DJHazey and berserkboi like this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Mohombi’s In Your Bed is a crime against music, against Ireland and against humanity.

17. I've voted for four of these. I'm expecting to lose at least one, maybe two.

18. Me neither! It's very chill I like it. But doesn't quite do it for me like the other version.

Also speaking of Show Me Love there was this video someone posted on twitter in a viral tweet about the UK's end of lockdown date. It said something like "all of us when June 21st hits" and it was this chaotic video of some guy and girl dancing and singing to Show Me Love in an empty pub. I wish I could find it again because it was hilarious.

19. I also use this remix when i'm feeling extra hype:

20. These are good, yes (along with some other tracks). Overall I feel like their career could have been so much more interesting than it ended up being, though.

I have a feeling that another 12-pointer of mine will fall in the next round...

DJHazey likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.