Wonder Girls - U.S Album | The Popjustice Forum

Wonder Girls - U.S Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breaking Heart, Jan 2, 2012.

1. THE DJ IS MINE MV

The Wonder Girls are set to release their upcoming U.S debut album this Febuary.

Their TeenNick Movie 'The Wonder Girls' is the first show in the history of American television to feature Asian singers as its lead actors which is why it is gaining a lot of interest amongst observers. It will also debut in Febuary

On January 11th, Wonder Girls will be releasing their music video for 'The DJ is Mine' through an event (The International Consumer Electronics Show, CES), where Nick Cannon and their company manager J.Y.P will be present.

Get Ready for the Asian Invasion!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFzUfb-jUHY

For those who don't know them - they are one of Asia's biggest girl groups, who debuted back in 2007 with Irony. They have since lost two members (Hyuna in 2007, replaced by Yubin) (Sunmi in 2009, replaced by Hyerim), and had huge hits "Tell Me", "So Hot", "Nobody", "2 Different Tears", and recently "Be My Baby".

[​IMG]
    Hyerim-Sohee-Yubin-Sunye-YeEun

2. Re: Wonder Girls U.S Debut (The DJ is Mine - 1st Single)

Hope it's as good as the songs on Wonder World, because that is an amazing album.

3. Re: Wonder Girls U.S Debut (The DJ is Mine - 1st Single)

I'm thinking we will see around 4/5 songs from Wonder World in English on their U.S album

- G.N.O
    - Nu Shoes
    - Be My Baby
    - Me, In

Then either Girls Girls or Dear Boys. Of course though I want them to have as many new tracks as possible!

4. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Re: Wonder Girls U.S Debut (The DJ is Mine - 1st Single)

Oooh.. Well I wish them the best but I'm not very sure how it will pan out. I commend them for taking such a giant leap though, not even SNSD seem brave enough to dive in head-first like they are.

If nothing it may increase awareness of K-Pop so I guess either way (I hope) it's win-win. Saying all that, it's very soon and I am quite excited. I hope it sounds nothing like those messes that are in the movie with them though.

5. Hitori

Hitori Guest

GNO from their latest Korean album was promising. I hope they go to the dance route with this one. They need to attract the attention of the general US public with this single.

Suggestion: Can we change the thread title to just 'Wonder Girls - The DJ Is Mine (First Single)'? I mean, they've already debuted in the US a long time ago with Nobody.

6. Tommie

Tommie Guest

This will flop.

If Best of Asia can't make it, then this lot is hopeless.

7. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I dunno how this will fare honestly since the US doesn't seem to warm up to Asian acts yet, but Charice's debut album peaked at #8 in the US so there's that little hope this will be noticed.

8. Re: Wonder Girls U.S Debut (The DJ is Mine - 1st Single)

I think there's definitely a nice market for them in the US. I don't think they'll top the charts or anything, but I can see this doing better than some other Asian acts have done.

9. Re: Wonder Girls U.S Debut (The DJ is Mine - 1st Single)

Yes, can't wait, their recent Korean album was so good!

10. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Looking at WG's US releases:

Nobody - #76 (Billboard Hot 100), #7 (Heatseekers)
    2 Different Tears - #21 (Heatseekers)

At least they got a Billboard Top 100 hit under their belt. I hope JYP and Jonas Group will promote this like hell because this is gonna lead to their first US album.

11. Re: Wonder Girls U.S Debut (The DJ is Mine - 1st Single)

Yayyyy!!! Exciting!

I hope they release something that radio will eat up. An original song catered to the US market.... not just a 'remake.'

They just better promote, promote, promote, and hopefully spend longer than two weeks here.

12. Hitori

Hitori Guest

Re: Wonder Girls - The DJ Is Mine (First Single)

They need to promote like hell's broken lose. Hopefully this sounds current and fresh at the same time.

13. Re: Wonder Girls - The DJ Is Mine (First Single)

How is their english? I know it's pretty good, but this America we're talking about, they won't get away with strong accents.

14. Re: Wonder Girls - The DJ Is Mine (First Single)

I'm glad that they are getting a chance to go global but the Nickelodeon affiliation is a gift and curse. Means that they'll have decent promo but at the expense of songs like "So Hot" - my personal favourite of theirs.

15. Re: Wonder Girls - The DJ Is Mine (First Single)

The movie has been confirmed to air on February 2nd! Not that long! MV confirmed for Jan 11th!

16. Re: Wonder Girls - The DJ Is Mine (First Single)

Not that long indeed, exciting!

If they can better Nobody in sales or chart placing in any way then I would see this as a success to be honest.

17. 3Xs

3Xs

Ohohohohoho.

Remember when SM was still trying to pretend BoA stood for 'Best of Asia'? Bwahahaha. What a hot mess.

As for this - after the musical atrocity that was "Be My Baby" my expectations couldn't be any lower. "Sweet Dream" was a damn gem though. I wouldn't mind if the new single sounded a bit like that.

18. Hitori

Hitori Guest

We're getting it sooner than I thought. I'm now majorly excited!

19. Re: Wonder Girls - The DJ Is Mine (First Single)

If this song ends up sounding like "Be My Baby", they won't get anywhere.

I'm also still waiting for Irony Pt. 2.

20. Hitori

Hitori Guest

They're bonkers if they go Be My Baby in the US. We can pretty much abandon them if that happens!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.