Wordle (and spin-off games) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Wordle (and spin-off games)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andrew, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Yeah, today's was a pain. I actually managed to get two letters right on the second try, but then it took me ages to think of a single word that could fit.

berserkboi and Plethorya like this.
  2. I've never heard of today's word

berserkboi likes this.
  3. Today's was nasty.
    I had the third and last letter on second try, and all of it in 5 after another half hour.

berserkboi and Plethorya like this.
  4. I'm glad I wake up and do this first thing because I'm literally seeing people on my Twitter TL posting Wordle spoilers and I almost had a meltdown because of it dddd. I don't want my perfect streak to feel unearned.

berserkboi, Andrew and Plethorya like this.
  5. Uno

Uno

I only know the word due to a quote from Clueless.

[​IMG]

Laurence, Sarzy, roblognick and 4 others like this.
  6. The fumes today. An instant classic.

berserkboi, Uno and Plethorya like this.
  7. When my boss asks on Teams if anybody else plays, and one of my co-workers replies, "Not me, I'd rather read." Uh... okay?

Island, berserkboi, Uno and 1 other person like this.
  8. This was a fun way to realize I didn’t know how to spell that word. The SHOCK when I confidently typed it in the way I thought it was spelled only to be told it wasn’t in the word list.
    (Ended up getting it in 5)

9. Wordle 5/6

LeMOT 6/6

Lewdle 4/6

I did significantly worse today but at least I got them. At first I was like i've literally never heard of this word but then I was like that's not true, I have seen it somewhere:

berserkboi likes this.
  10. The way she knew that word and knew perfectly how to use it in context but couldn't pronounce Haitians correctly. A queen.

berserkboi and slaybellz like this.
  11. I see I am the only one who plays the game by using my first three turns just putting in words that use a total of 15 common letters in English - and only get the words right in under 4 turns if a lot happens to be in the right place from the beginning ddd

Maki and slaybellz like this.
  12. My strategy is trying to get as many vowels in as possible in the first two guesses.

Maki, br0dy, Sarzy and 2 others like this.
  13. I play like this too, with an emphasis on getting the vowels out of the way first. The number of tries doesn't really matter to me, I find it more satisfying to try solving it in as little time possible.

berserkboi and Uno like this.
  14. Uno

Uno

Same, I usually start with "audio" which knocks out all vowels but one so it's usually pretty easy to solve the word once you have the vowels locked in.

Maki, papatrick, Isobel and 4 others like this.
  15. I usually start with Ideal

16. I've been starting with "coral" since it's made of five of the most common letters in the English language. A word with more vowels sounds like a good idea though.

Maki, Uno, berserkboi and 1 other person like this.
  17. I do "HATER" "MOUND" "SILKY" and if those are lacking, "PUBIC." Usually makes it clear.

EDIT: Sorry thought this was the Tinder thread.

Maki, rdp, Laurence and 13 others like this.
  18. Not this being today's word in LeMOT

londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  19. The absolute shame of taking 6 turns to get it.

Andrew likes this.
  20. It was giving American History: Presidents circa. 1963

br0dy and Lost In Japan. like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.