X Factor 2007 | The Popjustice Forum

X Factor 2007

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vignesh, Aug 19, 2007.

1. So X Factor 2007 (Season 4) has begun and already I love Nicky Evans (such velvety smooth voice and she''s so humble), Emily (14 year old kid), Same Difference (only coz they''re always so happy happy joy joy and it''ll kinda be nice to have Donny & Marie back.. haha)... I also like Jules, the dinner lady.

2. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

I didn''t see the show, but I watched the clip of Nicky on YouTube out of curiosity. The woman can certainly sing, but that seemed almost a footnote to the whole sob story about it being her dad''s dying wish that she go on the X Factor.

Believe it or not, some people still think this is a talent contest.

3. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

Yep the slo-mo hugging is back with poignant music over the top of it. I feel almost bad laughing at the awful ones, as they are clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Or maybe they just needed a bit of tough love at home. That girl who thought she was the next Christina Aguilera, I thought she was going to have a toddler''s tantrum when she was rejected.

Nicky certainly has a nice voice and W4 were quite interesting.

4. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

Nicky has a fabulous voice, and the way she sang that song gave me chills.

5. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

The X Factor is back and worse than ever.

6. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

Yeah.. Me too... It was one of the best auditions I''ve ever seen... She''s got my vote. And Emily too. Both were tremendous.

Anybody know of anyone else making it to the camps?

7. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

What''s with all the bloody Grannie''s - just tell them they''re shit and to fuck off.

I actually think Sharon is having some sort of crisis with Dannii on board - she never used to be quite so nauseatingly ingratiating towards Louis and the preview that has her and Walsh ''playing up'' just seems very see through, as if pretending they are having so much fun just those two. We''ll see, I could be wrong.

Sharon & Louis Vs Dannii & Simon could be fun.

8. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

I can''t wait until they scrap the whole thing and re-launch it as the XXX Factor. Now that would be good to watch, especially the auditions.

However, I am watching the auditions as they''re always good for a laugh. Just when you think there can''t be any more deluded people in the country they go and lower the age limit to 14 and invite a whole wealth of delusion through the floodgates. Hurrah!

However, I have to say that as well as feeling a bit sorry for Dannii I can''t help but think that the whole thing''s a little tired and I have to agree with what''s been said about the sob story + tragic music. It''s getting old.

9. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

To be honest I found Nicky really uninspiring, same for all the ''talent'' this year. I think the sheer volume of searches have pretty much found all the talent the UK has to offer. Same Difference were quite scary, can imagine them making it through to the live shows as also rans and idiots continuing to vote for them until they make top 4 Eton Road or McDonald Brothers style.

10. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

Hi guys, Igor here.
    my first post.
    have you read yesterday News of the World? apparently Niki Evans 18 years ago was signed to PWL and recorded a song called ''who do you think you are''....
    she was supposed to be the ''new Kylie''....always according to NOTW...

11. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

It''s here and it''s back and impossible to ignore so just go with the flow.
    Sob-stories only get you so far.

If you look at it last year in the final 12 which had sob-stories they went out very quickly.

We''ll see.

12. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

I missed the first twenty minutes or so, how is the mentor thing working this year with four judges?

The sob stories REALLY piss me off, as does the back-catalogue of crappy ballads that they randomly spin when one of said sobbers gets through...''You raise me uuuuup'' - ugh.

Nobody stuck out for me, good voice = bland personality usually, hence the woe-is-me stories to try and thicken them up.

But it''s nice to see lots of Dermot, hopefully he''ll be forced to remove all clothes at some point...

13. Misty

Misty Guest

Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

It''s Under 25 girls + Under 25 boys this year and obviously Groups and Over 25.

14. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

i''m sorry but what was with that rachel woman (on last night) who thought she was brilliant but was just sooooo scary...there is something wrong with the british public.....

15. Samuel

Samuel Moderator

Army boy is shit, no chance of winning it.

The dad in the wheelchair, the uniform, going to the base to see the troops to add to effect.

Can I be ill now?

16. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

Dermot O''Leary ruins it for me.... Insufferable.

Really impressed with Dannii.

17. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

I didn''t realise, but apparently the judges won''t get their groups until after bootcamp this year? Who''s mentoring who has apparently been leaked, but there;s still discrepancies depending where you read it.

I still haven''t seen anyone I think could win it, but it has only been 2 episodes.

I like Dermot on it, and I''ve suprised myself by even warming to Fearne slightly - still not convinced by Dannii.

I want Sharon to be winning mentor this year though.

18. Samuel

Samuel Moderator

Having seen the ''Leaked'' mentors I see a Sharon win!

19. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

The Sun seems to think:

Simon: Groups
    Louis: Over 25''s
    Dannii: Boys 14-24
    Sharon: Girls 14-24

Highlight above if you want to know what it potentially might be for each judge...

20. Re: X Factor 2007 ~ Nicky Evans, Emily, Same Difference, W4 etc

The Iraqi Liberator has a very, very mediocre voice. If he had been fat he''d be told to fuck off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.