X Factor 2011

Mvnl

Staff member
Someboy said:
Why should he have to be nice? The show isn't X-Factor: Psychiatric Hospital Edition. If the contestants want to be in the entertainment industry then they should be prepared for criticism.

Well, I think in general everyone should be nice or at least respectful to others unless the other person gives you a reason not to. Fine if you don't, but don't expect me to like you then. (And yes, I know he isn't expecting that..)

I don't hate him, I know he's doing his job, and I also think everyone auditioning for a show like this should know they risk being ripped to shreds and shouldn't go whining about people being nasty on forums, judges being harsh, or people calling them a bully. If you don't want people to talk about you, stay inside. Well, they have every right to whine of course because everyone is entitle to their emotions, but Gary, Tulisa or whoever shouldn't be held responsible for it in any way.

So am I blaming Gary for doing what he's doing? No.
He does his job, he does it well.
But that doesn't take away the fact that in doing so he showed a side of himself I was hoping he didn't have, and well, yes.. that does make me like him less.

Oh and I sincerely doubt anyone on this show is being harsh 'to prepare people for the industry'. They just do it to make good television.
Plus people in the industry behaving rude are horrible people as well. It might be 'how the industry rolls' but that does not excuse the attitude and behaviour.

J

JadeFan

I don't think Marcus will be successful at all when he comes to release his album. It's the timeless case of the rhetoric not matching up to the reality.

Alphableat said:
He doesn't pull off the 'mean but right' role Simon often duped the audience into believing. He often just seems to pick an arbitrary performance to pick on a contestant - rarely do his comments about vocals correlate with what we actually hear.

I completely agree that he's not as good at it as Simon, although I think he was absolutely right when he told Amelia last week that she needs work on her "soft voice" as it almost derailed her 'I'm With You' performance.

Mvnl said:
Well, I think in general everyone should be nice or at least respectful to others unless the other person gives you a reason not to.

He's on a television show! I mean, come on, Mvnl, you're acting like X-Factor is actually reality. And if we're going to play this sort of game, then at least Gary confines his comments to the stage, which is more than you can say for Tulisa.

Mvnl

Staff member
Someboy said:
He's on a television show! I mean, come on, Mvnl, you're acting like X-Factor is actually reality. And if we're going to play this sort of game, then at least Gary confines his comments to the stage, which is more than you can say for Tulisa.

He has every right to act any way he likes to, all I'm saying is as simple as: when a person isn't acting very nice I don't find them very nice. Which seems pretty logical to me.

Someboy said:
I don't get the massive disdain for Gary. Is it because he articulates an actual opinion and not just "I want you in the final!", and therefore he comes off unlikable? I don't think he's a great judge but he at least tries to have something of merit to say.

I think as talent show judges go he's as great as they come. Other than with Cocozza, but otherwise, a pretty solid judge and I really hope he stays on.

he / him
I would rather individually pluck my own eyelashes and proceed to swallow them than have Gary Barlow back on the panel next year.

Gary is very biased towards his acts but so was Simon.

I want Kelly back next year. She's also the only judge I've heard others talk about (although I've heard someone refer to Tulisa as 'Chavvy McGee')

I've had a lot of friends slating Kelly since she started the show. I loved her and hated Tulisa before the X Factor but now it's swapped round.

J

JadeFan

Voicething said:
I loved her and hated Tulisa before the X Factor but now it's swapped round.

Yes totally! I want Tulisa back but not Kelly or Gary. Louis can stay too.

J

JadeFan

Voicething said:
JadeFan said:
Voicething said:
I loved her and hated Tulisa before the X Factor but now it's swapped round.

Yes totally! I want Tulisa back but not Kelly or Gary. Louis can stay too.

Louis, Tulisa, Dannii & Simon would be the perfect lineup.

I would love to have Dannii back but it would seem too desperate on her part. Also, if the show really is sinking the best thing for her is to stay off-ship!

Things this series has had too much of:

JLS
One Direction
Jessie J
Olly Murs
'Who You Are'
The Wanted
Tulisa's arm thing
Cuntish comments a la Barlow
References to/Product placement of Marks & Spencers
Olly Murs
Janet's 'I live in a field' shtick
Jesy crying
Craig singing Adele or something similar
Dermot dancing
Advert breaks

Dull final.

Little Mix and Tulisa duet really surprised me. Amazing.

Leona was fantabulous as always.

But there was no buzz at all.

Marcus is STILL doing the Bruno Mars "WOOOO!" performances.

Amelia while being a great vocalist was never going to win this because she hasn't had the time to build up a fanbase.

Little Mix thankfully have this in the bag.

The voting figures will be interesting. Little Mix must've been towards the bottom when the competition started. And I want to know where Frankie was!

I love Gary - so hope he is back next year! And I get he might come across as being a bit harsh because of his dry sense of humour but I love it! Plus I think he takes The X Factor verrrryy seriously hence the criticism.

Frankie was a bit embarrassing though - I don't get how he could so strongly support someone who, to me at least, seemed like he had no interest in being there. He just wanted the girls and the drugs!

mi|kshake~

Tulisa impressed me so much tonight, her vocal was really great. I didn't think she could sing very well as I'd never followed NDubz.

earplug said:
The voting figures will be interesting. Little Mix must've been towards the bottom when the competition started. And I want to know where Frankie was!

I'd say he was in the middle-ground most weeks, if I had to guess.