X Factor Celebrity/X Factor All Stars 2019 | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

X Factor Celebrity/X Factor All Stars 2019

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by MrJames, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

"The excitement was real"

[​IMG]

joe_alouder, andru, Meathook and 14 others like this.
  2. Star Academy >>>> Fame Academy

NecessaryVoodoo likes this.
  3. I don't even know what Star Academy is.

4. Star Academy is Big Brother + American Idol.

Cundy likes this.
  5. Isn't Star Academy just the international name for Fame Academy?

Island and Blue6010 like this.
  6. I only ever tuned into this for Megan because it really, really was car crash TV. The 'making it up as you go along' rules, the forcing of judges to put people in chairs, the whole Vinnie quitting thing. It was all really watch through your fingers carry on.

I watched the final (flicking between SCD when anyone but Megan was on, then the results), but I just kind of noticed, what does she get!? No Winners Single or anything! Considering last years winner hasn't released anything yet (?), I wonder what they're actually going to do with her. Simon seems pretty keen on her, but who knows.

7. Yes! The French version is sooooo iconic. The performance budget is.... Yath.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  8. It really is a tragedy we never had Madonna week during X Factor's hey day.

Tribal Spaceman and WowWowWowWow like this.
  9. The news below is so stupid, and I say that as someone who watched this religiously for the first decade.

The only way to save this format is to give it 3+ years off, make people miss it so it can come back with a huge bang, and more importantly figure out a way for it to work in the current pop culture and streaming landscape.

Running it into the ground even more when it's barely scraping 3million viewers this year is just... wild.

sesita likes this.
  10. Surely it was always going to get one final series as a send off?

11. I suspect ITV see one more series of X Factor as a price worth paying for securing BGT for another five years.

Tribal Spaceman and Mike like this.
  12. Yes. That, and a lack of faith that any replacement show on Saturday nights will do better.

Leo1977 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.