X-Men ‘97

D

duckface

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

And a big furry bra!

Was anyone else disappointed by her outfits? My favorite was the white catsuit, but she only wore that one in a scene or two.

I really didn't mind January Jones, maybe I see in her what Matthew Vaughn did. (Zing!)

I have to stay, while it's nice to see Singer back in the X-fold, I wish it were to finish his own story instead of taking over for Vaughn. It just doesn't feel right, and I say that as someone who loves X2.

D

duckface

But if they manage to fix everything that went wrong in The Last Stand (i.e. everything) with a time travel story, Singer will be doing just that!

I can see it now: the final scene of Days Of Future Past. They've all returned from the future and have made appropriate changes. They jump forward in time just to make sure, and voila - Cyclops is married to Emma (Sigourney Weaver); Rogue is with Gambit; Psylocke is canoodling with Fantomex in the corner when the doorbell rings. Kitty goes to open it as Cyclops descends from the stairs to see who it is. "Hello, my name is Madelyne Pryor" you hear someone say. Close up of Scott's face: "J... Jean??". Close up of Famke Janssen: "What's up, b***hes."

Yes, I hated her outfits. And her awful hair. That is not how you do 'big'.

Alice Eve was originally cast and reportedly dropped out due to script changes (they clearly reduced the role as Emma did bugger all in the film) and it's a shame as Alice would have been perfect.

But if they manage to fix everything that went wrong in The Last Stand (i.e. everything) with a time travel story, Singer will be doing just that!

I can see it now: the final scene of Days Of Future Past. They've all returned from the future and have made appropriate changes. They jump forward in time just to make sure, and voila - Cyclops is married to Emma (Sigourney Weaver); Rogue is with Gambit; Psylocke is canoodling with Fantomex in the corner when the doorbell rings. Kitty goes to open it as Cyclops descends from the stairs to see who it is. "Hello, my name is Madelyne Pryor" you hear someone say. Close up of Scott's face: "J... Jean??". Close up of Famke Janssen: "What's up, b***hes."

*sends Bryan your CV*

Last edited:
D

duckface

Hah, please do!

Singer's talked a bit about the movie today..

Most interesting quote:
"I had a two-hour conversation with James Cameron about time travel, string theory, multiverses and all that. You have to create your rules and stick wtih them. That's why Terminator and Back To The Future work so well. And there are certain mechanisms in X-Men, certain powers, perceptions and characters, that make this possible."

Most shade-ifying quote:
"I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up. But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either."

Most shade-ifying quote:
"I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up. But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either."

Fantastic. Singer's snatching weaves all over the place.

Oh this just has to end with Jean and Cyclops back. It has to....

D

duckface

I still can't believe they killed Scott. That boy has been dealt bad in both the movies and the comics. Like, now he's a villain despite all that shit basically being Captain America's fault. Mm-mm. No.

Wow, sounds like Singer knows exactly what he's doing. Oh PLEASE let the 'present day' timeline be altered at the end of the film!

The X-Men are my one true comic book love but I've all-but abandoned them these days in favour of a couple of DC titles, because of stuff like the Cyclops treatment, and all the ridiculous 90s-style crossovers. Hopefully this movie will be a smash and bring new people to the comics, causing them to get their shit together.

Mmmm, yes. I don't bother with anything X-related after 1987/1988... it was then it turned from a nuanced quality action soap opera into a horrible Boobs 'n' Guns spandex-fest.

I've been buying all the hardcover Masterworks collections of the Claremont/Byrne issues - truly amazing, especially the Hellfire Club stuff. I think I'll have to read the Days of Future Past issues this weekend.

D

duckface

For all the comics haters: I feel you, but you should be reading Uncanny X-Force and the upcoming X-Men relaunch with Storm, Jubilee, Kitty, and Psylocke. Wolverine & The X-Men is quite good too.

Do not - I repeat, DO NOT - even bother with Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, A+X, or anything else involving Avengers.

I wouldn't say Cyclops is a villain in the comics now. He's the most interesting he's been in ages.

D

duckface

He was villainized throughout Avengers vs. X-Men and at the beginning of the Marvel NOW! business. Uncanny Avengers #1 had my blood boiling like you wouldn't believe.

Now he's leading Uncanny X-Men with Magneto (!) but is still a bit of an outsider when it comes to the rest of the X-Men teams, and with the teasing of a traitor in that team things aren't looking good. Poor Scott,

I forgot, X-Statix... which was the best thing ever.

I can't believe ret-conning has now made the movies. Hopefully Singer will be able to find a way to erase Superman Returns.

My local cinema want me to dress up in my Wolvie gear and hand out flyers when the movie comes out. Haha.

For all the comics haters: I feel you, but you should be reading Uncanny X-Force and the upcoming X-Men relaunch with Storm, Jubilee, Kitty, and Psylocke. Wolverine & The X-Men is quite good too.

THIS EXISTS? *dies*

D

duckface

THIS EXISTS? *dies*

Yup! I think it starts in March? But yeah, Storm, Jubilee, Kitty, Psylocke, and I think Rachel Summers? I'm excited. Even though I'm not sure why that team would exists. Marvel is kind of overdoing it with all the teams. For example, there are two X-Force teams ('Uncanny X-Force' with Storm, Psylocke, and numerous Fantomex's; and 'Cable & X-Force'), about 17 variants of the Avengers, and quite a few X-Men teams.

Yeah they went crazy with the different teams. I remember abandoning the regular X-Men comics in 2001 and favouring Exiles and X-Treme X-Men instead, but they only lasted a few years. I've been dipping in and out for the best part of a decade now.

That new one sounds good though.

Last edited:
D

duckface

Oh my gods, I wonder if Rachel Summers will be in this film?

Also, has anyone noticed that Havok and Banshee (along with Emma, Riptide, and Azazel) have not been mentioned as returning? I really liked Banshee! I'd also like to see Nightcrawler return, if only for an awkward Mystique-Azazel moment where they realize that they're destined to copulate.