X-Men ‘97

The Fall of X has been largely terrible, which is making the end of Krakoa even worse. Gillen and Ewing as ever are producing interesting stuff, but the other stories feel rushed.

Oh well! Hope the 90s rehash they likely have planned is worth it?

rdp

he/him
All 'phases' of the Krakoa era have had their highs and lows, imo. The main books in Fall of X have been messy (the Duggan stuff like Fall of the House of X, X-Men and Uncanny Avengers is especially a disaster), but some side books like Deniz Camp's Children Of The Vault are up there with the best the era has had to offer. I think it's always like that with comics as a whole... you just have to pick and choose

He/Him
I thought the story itself was fascinating, but why oh why did it have to be Moira?! I actually lowkey love the character they used for House of XCII instead, and kind of hope the new show adapts it for an arc.

It was really only the last 6 episodes of series 5 that somehow had even cheaper animation. Realistically, you just need to watch the series finale, "Graduation Day," as a reminder of how the show ended. Even then I'm sure they'll have a recap video to catch everyone up.

I'm planning a rewatch myself but I think I'm mostly just gonna do all of the first series, then mostly just the multi-part episodes, since that's when the show was best. I'll also make room for the Rogue standalones, "The Cure" and "A Rogue's Tale," for when I need a really good cry.

And we have a new trailer!

In the end I started at the beginning of series 3. The episodes seem in a strange order on Disney+

He/Him
He was fired from The Witcher a while back and I remember there being tweets around the time from other writers of how awful he was. So, I'm not too sure how he's stuck around Disney so long.

Maybe it was a personal issue thing and not a content issue thing. Because he seemed like a diehard and devoted X-Men fan so I can't imagine it's got anything to do with the quality of the show.

Maybe it was a personal issue thing and not a content issue thing. Because he seemed like a diehard and devoted X-Men fan so I can't imagine it's got anything to do with the quality of the show.
The chatter on social is that the show is great. Definitely a personal situation.

He/Him
He was fired from The Witcher. It doesn’t have to do with the show but probably with the way he conducted himself and treated employees.

A few hours ago he reactivated his Twitter account and posted this, along with retweets of various articles about the news:

Soooo, there's an LPSG thread about Beau, and I think it may have some insight into the firing. It seems that he had a free, PG-13 OF, but also had PPVs where he showed... more. He eventually shut down his OF last October, maybe at the behest of Disney?

According to posters there, however, he posted a picture of himself cosplaying as the Goblin Prince some time last week, and by Friday (if not earlier) his Instagram was taken down. Someone there had actually speculated on Saturday that Disney forced him to take it down, so now I'm wondering if it really was the final straw for Disney? Honestly, I'm kind of hoping it's just for something as "innocuous" as posting racy images, and not something worse.

He/Him
There are screencaps of tweets floating around about him and his behavior on The Witcher and some of the stuff he'd say from a writer (who is also LGBTQ+) and who still works on The Witcher.

He/Him
OK. Not sure I understand what’s going on, but thanks. Haha.
It's a forum online and there's a thread about him or something where people have speculated it was about his OF or his cosplay of an X-Men character. While those are both not great decisions to have connected to your professional social media accounts, I don't think it's the reason for the firing.

NOT LPSG being used for the receipts. We've dived to new lows as society nn.
I randomly stumbled upon it from a Google search, I swear! I don't even know what an LGPS is! I wasn't just casually scrolling with my account when I saw his name pop up...

I don't think it had anything to do with his OF.
The abuse allegations just seem a little messy to me. That one writer is the only one I could find who's said stuff like that (then quickly deleted them). Like, what does that post about the circuit parties even have to do with anything? I think it was telling that even after Beau stupidly threw them under the bus, the Witcher showrunner said, "I have great respect for Beau, and the episodes he wrote!" when she could've just as easily spilled the tea. Then again, maybe she's just more media savvy.

I do hope they make a statement soon, because letting the speculation run rampant might be more damaging than just saying the real reason.

In lighter news, a new behind-the-scenes video:

"What must we do to be good enough?" Chills. And I'm loving some of the possible Lifedeath imagery I saw.