X-Men ‘97

I randomly stumbled upon it from a Google search, I swear! I don't even know what an LGPS is! I wasn't just casually scrolling with my account when I saw his name pop up...

The abuse allegations just seem a little messy to me. That one writer is the only one I could find who's said stuff like that (then quickly deleted them). Like, what does that post about the circuit parties even have to do with anything? I think it was telling that even after Beau stupidly threw them under the bus, the Witcher showrunner said, "I have great respect for Beau, and the episodes he wrote!" when she could've just as easily spilled the tea. Then again, maybe she's just more media savvy.

I do hope they make a statement soon, because letting the speculation run rampant might be more damaging than just saying the real reason.

In lighter news, a new behind-the-scenes video:

"What must we do to be good enough?" Chills. And I'm loving some of the possible Lifedeath imagery I saw.

Lifedeath is being adapted - its part of the episode list revealed! I wonder how that’ll work…

He/Him
I randomly stumbled upon it from a Google search, I swear! I don't even know what an LGPS is! I wasn't just casually scrolling with my account when I saw his name pop up...

The abuse allegations just seem a little messy to me. That one writer is the only one I could find who's said stuff like that (then quickly deleted them). Like, what does that post about the circuit parties even have to do with anything? I think it was telling that even after Beau stupidly threw them under the bus, the Witcher showrunner said, "I have great respect for Beau, and the episodes he wrote!" when she could've just as easily spilled the tea. Then again, maybe she's just more media savvy.

I do hope they make a statement soon, because letting the speculation run rampant might be more damaging than just saying the real reason.

In lighter news, a new behind-the-scenes video:

"What must we do to be good enough?" Chills. And I'm loving some of the possible Lifedeath imagery I saw.

Love the actress playing Storm giving it her all in the recording studio.

They just announced the new core teams in the comics:

In MacKay and Stegman's X-Men, Cyclops will lead a group of X-Men stationed in Alaska. His team will consist of Beast, Magneto, Psylocke, Kid Omega Temper (formerly known as Oya), Magik and Juggernaut, and they will be, according to Marvel, "battling for the destiny and philosophy of the mutant species."

In Simone and Marquez's Uncanny X-Men, Rogue will lead a team of outlaw superheroes in New Orleans. Her team will consist of Gambit, Nightcrawler, Jubilee and Wolverine, and they will be more of your standard "heroes fighting to protect those that hate and fear them" type of X-Men. The lineup, of course, also evokes the X-Men animated series' mixture of core heroes.

Finally, in Ewing and Carnero's Exceptional X-Men, Kate Pryde will become a teacher to mutants again in Chicago, working with three new young mutants named Bronze, Axo and Melee. However, Emma Frost is also interested in guiding these young mutants, and so the two X-Men greats must discover a way to work together, sort of like classic Generation X.

Other titles were announced but no details as yet: Storm, X-Force, X-Factor, Wolverine, NYX and Phoenix.

When they say Psylocke do they mean Betsy or Kwannon? I'm behind so don't know if Betsy is still Captain Britain.

Also that Uncanny lineup kind of ruins whatever the Dead X-men series is building up to no? Jubilee is dead.

When they say Psylocke do they mean Betsy or Kwannon? I'm behind so don't know if Betsy is still Captain Britain.

Also that Uncanny lineup kind of ruins whatever the Dead X-men series is building up to no? Jubilee is dead.
Wait! I’m not caught up on the X-Men titles at all, Jubilee is still a vampire?

Wait! I’m not caught up on the X-Men titles at all, Jubilee is still a vampire?
Not for a while, she was cured by Quentin Quire and got her powers back at the same time. She was one of the members of the new team announced at the Hellfire Gala who died right afterwards and is in the Dead X-men series. I think they've been resurrected but are in some sort of limbo type place (White Hot Room I think) and are on a deadly type mission. I've not read up on it much, I want to have as many issues before reading so I don't get FOMO.
It seems like they are alive but not really alive? And if Jubilee is in a new team it seems like we know they will succeed and be brought fully to life.

Kwannon officially took over the mantle of Psylocke a little bit into the Krakoan era.. Unless something has changed, which I can’t imagine it has…that was one thing that was long overdue.

Can’t say I’m excited about the relaunch. The 90’s nostalgia grab is real, which we knew it would be. The creators on the books are, however, great, so I’ll check it out if only for that (and loyalty… sigh).

The premise of Exceptional X-Men sounds tired. But then, I’ll reserve full judgement until it’s out.

Can’t say I’m excited about the relaunch. The 90’s nostalgia grab is real, which we knew it would be. The creators on the books are, however, great, so I’ll check it out if only for that (and loyalty… sigh).

The premise of Exceptional X-Men sounds tired. But then, I’ll reserve full judgement until it’s out.

Not massively blown away myself.

I'll probably pick up Uncanny and maybe X-Men, if X-Factor or X-Force aren't looking anything special. Exceptional X-Men will be cancelled within two years, no one wants yet another round new young generation mutants to join the ever forgettable list.

Gonna need Polaris to be front and centre in some sort of X-book or I'll riot. I hope to see Angel back again too. As it stands I'm here for the Uncanny line-up more than any others. I gravitate towards the Ragin' Cajun every time.

They just announced the new core teams in the comics:

Other titles were announced but no details as yet: Storm, X-Force, X-Factor, Wolverine, NYX and Phoenix.

I'll hold out and see what X-Force and X-Factor bring. X-Force hasn't been great since the legendary Remender and X-Factor, the second Peter David Series, but both titles have proven to be fantastic new angles for the franchise when done right.

I might pick them up if they prove more interesting than the core titles, which so far only Uncanny is a 100% grab for me. On the fence a bit with X-Men.

"When Jean absorbed Psylocke's specialized telepathic powers, her own telepathy was increased to the point that she could physically manifest her telepathy as a psionic firebird whose claws could inflict both physical and mental damage."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Grey

I've been wondering about this, since I'm not following the comics. Does this mean Jean is shown using Phoenix-like/Flame-like powers on her own, or was that some kind of one-off for that arc?

I’m so behind on the comics but I thought it was established that even without the Phoenix Force, Jeans ultimate progression as a mutant would always be the Phoenix. They are one and the same. Or is this just me being copium?

I’m so behind on the comics but I thought it was established that even without the Phoenix Force, Jeans ultimate progression as a mutant would always be the Phoenix. They are one and the same. Or is this just me being copium?
There definitely seem to be lines like that thrown around in various occasions. But the comics always had a few conflicting interpretations for various characters/concepts where they abandoned one in favor of the other, so who knows. I am more wondering about whether she is, in fact, shown using such powers currently. As in, if it is a part of her regular toolset. Is she always Phoenix-like in the comics? I'd expect her/want her to be, but I have only seen her using her pink psychic energy in pages and covers I've come across. So, yeah, just wondering how she is portrayed/how her powers are portrayed currently.

They were running for this certainly during the Morrison era, in a very deliberate move to simplify the whole Phoenix story which had become kind of complex. Morrison was pushing towards that Jean would always become Phoenix as her powers became stronger, she would unlock it.

Versus it being an entity that bonded with her.

Its all got muddy again - too muddy - but they are still generally locked in that idea that Jean and the Phoenix are a form of destiny, forever linked and can never be apart. They seem to have pretty much abandoned any idea of it being a cosmic entity that can bond with anyone, its all about Jean now.

Its all got muddy again - too muddy - but they are still generally locked in that idea that Jean and the Phoenix are a form of destiny, forever linked and can never be apart. They seem to have pretty much abandoned any idea of it being a cosmic entity that can bond with anyone, its all about Jean now.
Oh, thank goodness. First it seemed like almost any psychic was capable of hosting the Phoenix force, then almost any mutant. Last I saw even non-mutants were getting it, which was going way too far. Apparently I missed that Echo finally lost the Phoenix force last year though. Was she the most recent host?

And new clip of Jean and Storm:

Tears in my eyes, y'all. Not just from the allegory that's bringing back way too many memories, but also from Jean and Storm simply talking as sisters would. It's a bond from the comics that no other media, even the original show, has ever managed to truly capture.