X-Men ‘97

They really need to release a CD and Cassette of the music from the show.
I need that X-Men theme club mix. And can someone please tweet Kavana and tell him that they randomly used MFEO on the show? What is Gambit, a purportedly heterosexual male, doing listening to '90s pop dreamboat, Kavana? That and the crop top makes you wonder...

Seriously though, I don't think Kavana charted in the US at all, so I wonder if there's just someone on the crew who's a big Kavana stan.

He/Him
Did anyone try the X-Men 97?

I thought the X-Men 97 was lovely.

source.gif
Jubilee in the original was so annoying, but loving this new one.

EDIT: The new Jean doesn’t look much like the old one.

Last edited:

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
Finally caught up and whew. The second episode really put so many plot points into motion + gave us more time with the female characters spending time with each other for longer exposition - the two scenes of Jean and Storm mirrored each other and really gave more depth to their 90's depiction.

I guess I'm very pleased that in addition to being a continuation, it quite clearly harkens back to the original. Even knowing that certain voice actors that could no longer replicate their previous voices were also given new roles, and new actors could sound so similar to their originals that had passed on. That has always been the gift of the X-Men as a whole - their offering and understanding of space for so many. It's such a treat only two episodes in to know that hopefully a new generation can experience the power of the allegory that they've always been.

He/Him
It might just have been because of the obvious change between episodes one and two, but I’ll be devastated if they remove Storm from the opening titles for episode three.

Last edited:
Rumours were that even the latest Star Wars episodes were struggling to nab over 2 Million streams in their first week (could be total bullshit though) so if true, an animated series with far lower production costs doing 4 Million streams in less than a week is great news.

Okay so I’ve still held fast on not watching, but one thing I want to know is if they explain how Bishop is on the team. Last I recall he last appeared in Beyond Good and Evil and was back in his own timeline?

Okay so I’ve still held fast on not watching, but one thing I want to know is if they explain how Bishop is on the team. Last I recall he last appeared in Beyond Good and Evil and was back in his own timeline?

They kind of haven't yet, aside from a throwaway line about his temporal device that obviously was how he got back to the 90s. I'm hoping they'll be some kind of explanation about why he came back as well as something for him to do to justify adding him to the cast.