X-Men ‘97

I .. don't want Prof X back. And I'm not happy with the villain reveal particularly.

The Adversary stuff was creepy as fuck, genuinely unsettling. Taking a gummy beforehand was not a good idea.

He/Him
A lot of people on social media are wondering how Storm‘s hair and clothes changed.

People tend to forget that on top of her mutation, she has a magical background. She comes from a long line of sorcerers.
Am I blanking or has Marvel never really tapped into the magical tiara characters? Storm, Wanda, Enchantress, etc.

Reactions: He
Am I blanking or has Marvel never really tapped into the magical tiara characters? Storm, Wanda, Enchantress, etc.
The only person I can think of is Wanda?
Ever since the MCU movies started she seems to be a focus in the comics. She has her own series now.

I believe the reboot of the X-Comic’s will feature a STORM solo? Or is that PHOENIX?

A lot of people on social media are wondering how Storm‘s hair and clothes changed.

People tend to forget that on top of her mutation, she has a magical background. She comes from a long line of sorcerers.

I thought it’s already been well established as one of Newton’s Laws that when you’re the Baddest Bitch alive, you have complete independent control of your hair follicles?

beyonce-hair-flip.gif

I wish they had given Storm the whole 30 minutes. I get that the stories were somewhat thematically linked but I thought it would've been more daring to go with a straight Lifedeath adaptation. That transformation scene was glorious though. I've never been a huge fan of her original look, but I think it works great in this art style.

Her voice is perfect, but I just read that they cast Iona Morris first but replaced her because they didn't want to have to pay her residuals on reruns because she was an American (as Canadian voice actors did not get residuals from reruns).
Oh, it gets juicier. They recorded the entire first season with three different women. The very first was Nicky Guadagni, who did the group recordings with the cast in the first season until they realized that maybe it wasn't the best look to have a white woman voicing Storm.

No one told her that she had been replaced. She had kids who were very excited about this, and she was waiting for the premiere and she sat down to watch it, with her kids, and then realized as she was watching that it wasn’t her voice.

And then Iona ended up reprising Storm on Spider-Man: The Animated Series because that show recorded in the US and it was cheaper to get her than Alison, so everything came full circle.

He/Him
Oh, it gets juicier. They recorded the entire first season with three different women. The very first was Nicky Guadagni, who did the group recordings with the cast in the first season until they realized that maybe it wasn't the best look to have a white woman voicing Storm.

And then Iona ended up reprising Storm on Spider-Man: The Animated Series because that show recorded in the US and it was cheaper to get her than Alison, so everything came full circle.
I -- that is actually insane. From the bolded mess above to the rather sad moment of Iona sitting with her children and realizing she was replaced. At least she got to voice her in the Spider-Man series Secret Wars episodes.
The only person I can think of is Wanda?
Ever since the MCU movies started she seems to be a focus in the comics. She has her own series now.

I believe the reboot of the X-Comic’s will feature a STORM solo? Or is that PHOENIX?
Oh, I meant more of making some sort of lore connection with all the similar, visually at least, tiaras. It seemed like they were making it something in the MCU for a hot second but haven't seen it since WandaVision.

Storms magical nature gets brought up here and there but has never really been explored that deeply I don’t think?
As for the transforming clothes, she’s always been able to change clothes using her powers somehow? I guess she also can conjure up a weave by blowing all the snatched wigs in the atmosphere after she uses her powers.

Lilandra was pretty out of character. Also miss the kind of echoey voice she used to have. Deathbird's VA also wasn't doing it for me. And fuck Chuck, they don't need him.

Yeh I was also kinda excited for a Magneto led era, like a five season run to really contrast the original Charles run.

Gambit appearing to Charles in his dead form affecting as hell for me.

Last edited:
I'm in two minds about Xavier. On one hand it makes sense, the X-men don't need him but he sure needs them. But also, the team needs to function without him and they've handled things alright without him. Granted a lot of shit has happened but they had stuff to deal with before too. He doesn't feel needed at this point, maybe it'll be a way to introduce the Gold/Blue team split or introduce The New Mutants with Xavier being a teacher for the next generation and Magneto leading the actual team.

He/Him
I'm in two minds about Xavier. On one hand it makes sense, the X-men don't need him but he sure needs them. But also, the team needs to function without him and they've handled things alright without him. Granted a lot of shit has happened but they had stuff to deal with before too. He doesn't feel needed at this point, maybe it'll be a way to introduce the Gold/Blue team split or introduce The New Mutants with Xavier being a teacher for the next generation and Magneto leading the actual team.
I think, bring him back to sort this out and then go off with Lilandra or whoever to wherever. He can always pop up once a series for a bit of advice and or slash conflict.

I wish they had given Storm the whole 30 minutes. I get that the stories were somewhat thematically linked but I thought it would've been more daring to go with a straight Lifedeath adaptation.

Yeah, I really wasn't a fan of the way Lifedeath was handled at all in animated form. It was like they weren't brave enough to really commit to it and gave it a very empty, one dimensional take on such a moving story.

It might have been an interesting idea for Storm to return without her powers and still want to be an X-Man.

The whole angle of her wanting leadership and still managing to defeat Cyclops in the comics was a really cool and unexpected concept and fascinating to watch a powerless mutant lead the team. It would have given Lifedeath more span and impact as well.