X-Men ‘97

So going into the finale I am guessing/hoping some of the things we will see are

Operation Zero Tolerance (it took my too long to figure out OZT)
Joseph (either he is Bastion, or Sinister will create him using Magneto's hair that was being shaved?)
Maddie/Jean becoming Phoenix in some way. Or finding out Maddie survived somehow. I just can't see them introducing her and only having her play such a small part in the wider narrative.
Time travel shenanigans.
Storm being uber powerful and vengeful at what happened when she was gone.
Morph getting a real heroic moment against Sinister.
A glimpse into Apocalypse coming back for season two, maybe even taking Gambit's body to turn him into Death like in the comics (if he isn't resurrected in some way)

WHY does the OG Jean look like my old art lecturer who once said "Is it meant to look like that?" to an art piece I had spent months on?
Suddenly I'm now #TeamEmma

WHY does the OG Jean look like my old art lecturer who once said "Is it meant to look like that?" to an art piece I had spent months on?
Suddenly I'm now #TeamEmma
I mean, that's closer to something Emma would say. In all seriousness, how absolutely horrible and inappropriate for someone in education to say something like that. Unless it was Headmistress Emma. We should all be so lucky to be on the receiving end of White Queen's biting wit.

Back to Catherine, if the speculation about Val Cooper being Mystique is true, I wonder if Catherine will be the new voice of Mystique going forward? I remember reading that she based her Dark Phoenix portrayal on Jennifer Hale's (one of the original Mystiques) voice, so she might be able to do a voice match.

I mean, that's closer to something Emma would say. In all seriousness, how absolutely horrible and inappropriate for someone in education to say something like that. Unless it was Headmistress Emma. We should all be so lucky to be on the receiving end of White Queen's biting wit.

Back to Catherine, if the speculation about Val Cooper being Mystique is true, I wonder if Catherine will be the new voice of Mystique going forward? I remember reading that she based her Dark Phoenix portrayal on Jennifer Hale's (one of the original Mystiques) voice, so she might be able to do a voice match.
Oh she was a tyrant in all the worst ways ("I still get paid whether you all pass or fail"), but I had so many other great lecturers during my time, and I still got a Degree, so jokes on her.

I wasn't set on the rumours about Val, but after last episode I am rethinking now.

I think I want to wait and watch the finale as a oner, so may have to avoid this thread for a few weeks. Of course I said this before and cracked so will probably see you al later.

Catherine absolutely nailed the monologue. I'm still bummed she couldn't reprise Jean, but I'm glad she got a juicy role to work with.

Good episode today. Storm is sure taking her time to arrive.
Beau confirmed that the Lifedeath episodes take place at the same time as eps 7-8. Although, it is kinda funny to think that somehow the Professor got back before Storm did.

Catherine absolutely nailed the monologue. I'm still bummed she couldn't reprise Jean, but I'm glad she got a juicy role to work with.

Beau confirmed that the Lifedeath episodes take place at the same time as eps 7-8. Although, it is kinda funny to think that somehow the Professor got back before Storm did.
That would explain why she wasn't at Gambit's funeral I guess. She likely didn't know he was gone.

He/Him

Doesn’t really make sense as she saw the news about Genosha at the end of Lifedeath 2.

Doesn’t really make sense as she saw the news about Genosha at the end of Lifedeath 2.
The news story Storm watched seemed to have happened some time after the incident though and not the same one that we see the X-men watching in episode 5. Also I imagine it is some time between her getting her powers and getting Forge home and him recovering.
For me I think the Genosha incident happens before or around the same time Storm is taking Forge to the cave, the news bit is a few days later and in-between those times is when Gambit's funeral happens and the relief effort starts up.

He/Him
The news story Storm watched seemed to have happened some time after the incident though and not the same one that we see the X-men watching in episode 5. Also I imagine it is some time between her getting her powers and getting Forge home and him recovering.
For me I think the Genosha incident happens before or around the same time Storm is taking Forge to the cave, the news bit is a few days later and in-between those times is when Gambit's funeral happens and the relief effort starts up.
OK. That makes more sense.

Gotta say I love how these episodes aren't just "this happens then this happens" and we have different settings and events happening at the same time as others. It's so well conceived and expansive.