X-Men ‘97

He/Him
It was a great episode. The little nods and appearances too... Though a question I'll hide behind spoilers.
Who do we think the unknown woman on the TV call was?

The only thing that I question
how did Bastion make all of those people sleepers? I mean that reporter woman became a sleeper... that was sad. I don't want to believe that all of them went through the process we saw.

The only thing that I question
how did Bastion make all of those people sleepers? I mean that reporter woman became a sleeper... that was sad. I don't want to believe that all of them went through the process we saw.
My guess?

Sinister. his tech and knowledge combined with Bastion can do all sorts of evil things.
Just watched the episode and it really is setting up for the end brilliantly. I am really loving the development of all the characters too. More in these 8 episodes than whole seasons of the initial cartoon. No one person is getting more screentime in this, I think Wolverine dominated a bit in the other one. Nightcrawler is especially getting deserved love. I didn't realise how much I love his wise cracking yet mature and wise persona until now. He is much needed here.

I also sense Sinister has been playing both sides and has some sort of failsafe installed that will turn the tide in the X-men's favour towards the end. He's never been the sort to work with others for long, once he gets what he wants he will betray them and scuttle off.

Last edited:
What is happening with the showrunner? Some scoopers know why he was fired and that it was so bad that everyone begging Marvel to hire him back will circle back but no one wants to say what the reason was.

He made a damn good show and I am glad he will be in for the second season but man Ima thinking what the hell has he done that Marvel was firing him on the spot?

Also he is very cool and engaging on Twitter.

Can we also talk about how Jean is actually being a badass with her powers and not fainting all the time? About time.

Love all the banter between her, Scott and Cable too.

Everything about core characters is done so perfectly and I will say this is better than 90ies Xmen or the movies.

What is happening with the showrunner? Some scoopers know why he was fired and that it was so bad that everyone begging Marvel to hire him back will circle back but no one wants to say what the reason was.

He made a damn good show and I am glad he will be in for the second season but man Ima thinking what the hell has he done that Marvel was firing him on the spot?

The only ideas that have been said are that he was difficult to work with on past shows therefore they assume he may have been difficult/toxic in this work place too. The other idea people have is that his onlyfans made disney part ways... But he has apparently had that for long before so not sure that really checks out.

He/Him

I believe it was that he was quite difficult to work with. I have only heard rumors but I believe it had to do with verbal/physical (not sexual) harassment.

I watched X-Men 2 (2003) today.

veces-que-las-peliculas-de-x-men-hacian-referencia-a-los-personajes-principales-pero-les-daban-poco-o-ningun-tiempo-de-pantalla-1.jpg

I watched X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) today.

veces-que-las-peliculas-de-x-men-hacian-referencia-a-los-personajes-principales-pero-les-daban-poco-o-ningun-tiempo-de-pantalla-1.jpg

I forgot just how steep the drop-off in quality was. The first two are somewhat charming but Singer/Fox really wasted that cast though.

I also forgot just show obvious it is that Jean was blind in the final act of X2 and they cut all the dialogue related to it so Famke is just staring into space for no reason ddd

The score remains one of the best in the genre.

Apparently fans should read up on the Fatal Attractions storyline for the next episode.
So that could hint at Onslaught, Xavier wiping Magetos mind, Wolvie losing his adamantium, and a path for Apocalypse to come back as he is the one to restore it in the comics.

WHAT an episode. The division into Gold and Blue teams, Storm being Storm, the emotional gut punches of the costumes and the dialogue. Everything.
Seeing Jean use her powers the way she did and actually prove she is an Omega level mutant was so satisfying. Same with Storm, I swear we have never seen her use her powers like this before?

I am now more convinced than ever
we are getting Onslaught out of this. And could Jean be reconnecting with Phoenix too? I can't believe they were bold enough to show Wolvie getting his adamantium ripped out, but then they did E is for Extinction so I guess it fits. Might explain why he has been a bit on the side-lines so far