X-Men ‘97

Phoenix showing up for 25 seconds was a lame deus ex machina.

Bastion turning on humans was lazy. The resolution of the Prime Sentinels plot was rushed and unsatisfying.

The pacing in this show continues to be an absolute disaster.
I don't find the Phoenix part that bad? It would have been nice to see Jean go full Phoenix sure but as mentioned in the show the Phoenix is basically gone and this was a last fragment saving her to help the team.
Also the Prime Sentinel plot was solved the way they set out in the previous episodes, they shut down the connection between Bastion and them so they had no power. As for him turning on humans I just saw that as a last ditched attempt for a villain to destroy his enemies no matter who the casualties were. He had basically lost by that point (losing his Mother in the process) so felt he had nothing to lose.
I think having the finale split into 3 was good on paper but needed to have them all at once as it breaks up the pace, which was otherwise well thought out in this series I feel.

Oh yes of course, silly me.

I wondered if Storm and Wolverine had ended up in that future timeline where they were in love from the original series.
A thought I just had to add to this.

If Apocalypse is the one who sent them all forwards and backward through time (that's what I believe right now anyway), he could have taken Wolverine, Storm and Morph to make them into his new Horsemen along with Gambit. Canonically Gambit became Death and Wolverine became Death too (different time) once Apocalypse regrafted his Adamantium. Him holding the card and mentioning death seems like an obvious nod to this happening.
I think Polaris was Pestilence at the same time Gambit was Death and Sunfire was Famine at some point too. Obviously Angel was famously the first Death so there's a history of X-Horsemen.

He/Him
It was so nice seeing...
Shadowcat exist in this universe for the first time! I'm really hoping we get a team made of some of these characters: Emma, Kitty, Iceman, Colossus, Havok, Dust, and Magik.
GNozFIJaQAA3tV1

Hmm Storm got very little to do, which was not ideal.

But another great episode, if perhaps the least great of the 3 parter.

I need Jean to ditch that outfit already, it’s so horrible, ddd.

He/Him
Hmm Storm got very little to do, which was not ideal.
I’m glad someone else said it. (Also having to have two women lead a team when Cyclops is choosing himself as the sole leader of another…)

Having said all that, the women have been pretty much 75%+ of this series so can’t complain too much. (More Storm narrating her powers next season, please!)

I’ve also loved how each episode the Opening Titles have seemed to have a hint of what’s coming in the episode.

I really hope that
Storm is not a horseman; it was so awful in X-Men Apocalypse (even though I think Alexandra Shipp was a good choice). At least we know her hair is already white in this version.

I loved all the cameos in these last episodes. Especially Psylocke! Really wish they'd make her part of the main cast. But I can't complain because the way Jean, Storm and Rogue have been the main anchors of this season has left me so nourished. This show has blown me away. I'm going to binge rewatch it this weekend and probably several times before S2 because it's just soooo fucking good!

Fantastic finale. There were a few things I wish they had explained a bit more instead of glossing over, but thematically it was a very satisfying end to all of the stories set up this season. And those cameos!

I loved all the cameos in these last episodes. Especially Psylocke! Really wish they'd make her part of the main cast. But I can't complain because the way Jean, Storm and Rogue have been the main anchors of this season has left me so nourished. This show has blown me away. I'm going to binge rewatch it this weekend and probably several times before S2 because it's just soooo fucking good!
This scene had me gagging. If the movies don't center the stories on these leading ladies, then all is lost.

Gaggy finale, albeit way too much going on. The brief return of Phoenix just felt a bit pointless. It either needs to become one with Jean or disappear. Showing up to save her ass just causes more problems than it solves.

I also enjoyed the show a lot more when Professor X was in space so there was honestly bit too much of his bullshit in this episode.

The rest I loved. Rogue and Jubilee (especially) slaying? I had to stan. Jubilee has deserved that moment for a long time.

A kii that they resolved the cliffhanger of the animated Spider-Man finale with that MJ cameo.

Really didn’t expect that ending but I hope they wrap it up quite quickly next year and get back to the present becuse Forge, Bishop and that potential roster is not for me.

I wonder why Cable, Jubilee and Sunspot are AWOL?

Gaggy finale, albeit way too much going on. The brief return of Phoenix just felt a bit pointless. It either needs to become one with Jean or disappear. Showing up to save her ass just causes more problems than it solves.
I got the impression that it was just a fragment of the Phoenix that was dormant in Jean which then left her forever? She was more powerful but not anywhere near Phoenix levels.

And could Cable have taken Jubilee and Sunspot away to train them up to form X-force?

I got the impression that it was just a fragment of the Phoenix that was dormant in Jean which then left her forever? She was more powerful but not anywhere near Phoenix levels.

And could Cable have taken Jubilee and Sunspot away to train them up to form X-force?
I guess. It just felt like they set up the mystery of ‘Who was Phoenix?’ early in the season and felt like they had to answer it. The reveal didn’t really add much.

I wondered that. They have Cable and Sunspot. Jubilee is a perfect Boom Boom stand-in. Cannonball has already been established in the animated universe so he’d fit. And they could have their pick of any of the other New Mutants.

I guess. It just felt like they set up the mystery of ‘Who was Phoenix?’ early in the season and felt like they had to answer it. The reveal didn’t really add much.

I wondered that. They have Cable and Sunspot. Jubilee is a perfect Boom Boom stand-in. Cannonball has already been established in the animated universe so he’d fit. And they could have their pick of any of the other New Mutants.
They did kinda back themselves into a corner with all the mentions of Phoenix.

It’s been a wild ride, the pacing is great - the only worry for me is that they burnt through things seemingly- but then the madelyn stuff came back tenfold and was really a story about Jean so it worked out. So much great stuff and a jam packed three part finale where each episode felt epic and different.