X-Men ‘97

Gaggy finale, albeit way too much going on. The brief return of Phoenix just felt a bit pointless. It either needs to become one with Jean or disappear. Showing up to save her ass just causes more problems than it solves.

I also enjoyed the show a lot more when Professor X was in space so there was honestly bit too much of his bullshit in this episode.

The rest I loved. Rogue and Jubilee (especially) slaying? I had to stan. Jubilee has deserved that moment for a long time.

A kii that they resolved the cliffhanger of the animated Spider-Man finale with that MJ cameo.

Really didn’t expect that ending but I hope they wrap it up quite quickly next year and get back to the present becuse Forge, Bishop and that potential roster is not for me.

I wonder why Cable, Jubilee and Sunspot are AWOL?

Jean even says it was a remnant of the Phoenix Force inside her.

I get some of the complaints/issues that have been raised, but I still loved this episode. I teared up multiple times; the mentions of Gambit, the goodbye conversation with Cable, even Charles and Magneto's heart to heart near the end. I hope they can keep up this winning formula in season two.

Gaggy finale, albeit way too much going on. The brief return of Phoenix just felt a bit pointless. It either needs to become one with Jean or disappear. Showing up to save her ass just causes more problems than it solves.

It was a lot for sure, to the point where some characters just got all but ejected out the narrative, but what an epic ride and they gave some great resolutions to Jean, Scott and Rogue's arcs. I'd like to see Magneto leaving for a bit next season, I don't really want him hanging around too long as some soft ally.

Sort out the cliffhanger and then step him out the story.

The Newton Brothers coming for AOTY with this.
xmen-97-storm.gif