X-Men ‘97

It was great but I’m going to pretend it’s not canon because then that means Gambit is dead dead and sorry but no, that’s not acceptable.

Jean even says it was a remnant of the Phoenix Force inside her.
She does but I was hoping it would fully merge with her but oh well.

It was great but I’m going to pretend it’s not canon because then that means Gambit is dead dead and sorry but no, that’s not acceptable.

She does but I was hoping it would fully merge with her but oh well.
He'll be back as Death, don't worry.

The soundtrack is giving me life right now. I have the Storm tracks on repeat and I am feeling my weather goddess realness the house down boots.

Krakoa ended in the comic this week and I’m glad honestly. Krakoa hasn’t really worked for me in a couple years at least and never fulfilled the promise of HoXPoX and the first few months of limitless potential.

It just became a bit of a bloated plot mess by the end. The goodbye to the island worked somewhat, I guess, but there was a lot of hand waving going on. I can see why they didn’t want to destroy the island and keep the idea for the future but I did roll my eyes at it becoming a weird utopia with no conflict. Didn’t buy it and the politics of that are… questionable.

I’m looking forward to a clean slate.

Krakoa ended in the comic this week and I’m glad honestly. Krakoa hasn’t really worked for me in a couple years at least and never fulfilled the promise of HoXPoX and the first few months of limitless potential.

It just became a bit of a bloated plot mess by the end. The goodbye to the island worked somewhat, I guess, but there was a lot of hand waving going on. I can see why they didn’t want to destroy the island and keep the idea for the future but I did roll my eyes at it becoming a weird utopia with no conflict. Didn’t buy it and the politics of that are… questionable.

I’m looking forward to a clean slate.

It's been a mess for the writers to wrap up, so I feel for them. It's been so unsatisfying, which is just crap. Trying to stuff so much in and then wrapping huge things up in what feels like page...weird. The need to remove virtually everything built during Krakoa is just..odd.

Anyway, the mess of the Fall of X has made me look forward to the relaunch so...work! Just a shame after I would say 4 years of fantastic comics and truly progressive steps within the X-world.

It's been a mess for the writers to wrap up, so I feel for them. It's been so unsatisfying, which is just crap. Trying to stuff so much in and then wrapping huge things up in what feels like page...weird. The need to remove virtually everything built during Krakoa is just..odd.

Anyway, the mess of the Fall of X has made me look forward to the relaunch so...work! Just a shame after I would say 4 years of fantastic comics and truly progressive steps within the X-world.
I know the writers collectively decided to stay on Krakoa rather than move onto the next act of Hickman’s plan, and then he chose to leave them to it, but part of me will always be frustrated he didn’t get the chance to tell a much more concise story. I’m not sure the extra couple of years were really worth it, only to wind it up in such a messy fashion anyway.

I’m looking forward to something a bit more streamlined and easier to follow ddd

I’m looking forward to something a bit more streamlined and easier to follow ddd

I feel like X-Men books refuse to be streamlined and easier to follow. Even looking at the line up of books they have coming in this new wave.. I like that Krakoa was sort of home base. Now we're going to have some books at the Mansion it seems and then there's a book in NYC. I, of course, will give it a try. But I hope it's easy to follow.

Well, the problem was because Krakoa was the hub, you needed to follow most of the lines to get the picture.

With the new line up, they seem to be largely unrelated stories and locations that will cross over occasionally but you can pick and choose what to follow. So you have Cyclops in Alaska with Psylocke, Rogue in New Orleans with Nightcrawler and Jubilee, while Emma does all the heavy lifting in that terrible sounding Kitty Pryde book.

He/Him
I am kind of happy Krakoa is over. It was good to great but there were some minis that were awful. It couldn't stay that way forever, and honestly I'm shocked it stayed as long as it did. I will say, all the logos for these new series are so ugly.

Of the new titles I am only really here for the new X-factor (for Angel and Havok) and Uncanny X-men for Gambit. I'll pick up Phoenix too, but I am not interested in anything else right now. Storm is a goddess but her solo series' so far have bene so lacklustre.
Apparently more is to come in the coming months, including Iceman back in some way, so yay.

he / him
The Phoenix being legitimised as the most powerful force in the Marvel universe (for now) in the comics has me ecstatic. The full potential of Jean has been sealed.

Now for the other series to catch up with her.

This Phoenix alternate cover with Jean fighting Xenomorphs? Iconic.
4eac545fee8bbd182885f1f814d8efcb97fe.jpg

I feel like X-Men books refuse to be streamlined and easier to follow. Even looking at the line up of books they have coming in this new wave.. I like that Krakoa was sort of home base. Now we're going to have some books at the Mansion it seems and then there's a book in NYC.

Absolutely none of the books are set at the mansion. The mansion is now a gulag and this has been clear for months. All the books are set in different locations around the world, like an expanded version of the Outback Era.

Absolutely none of the books are set at the mansion. The mansion is now a gulag and this has been clear for months. All the books are set in different locations around the world, like an expanded version of the Outback Era.
The best period of the X-men. Yup.

Even though I will only be really following Uncanny, X-factor and Phoenix, I will still be getting the first issue of all the From the Ashes books to see how they differ. I already collect Nightwing, Thor, Hercules, Avengers and Scarlet Witch each month so added one of each X-title would be too much, the teams for Uncanny and X-factor have more members I like anyway.