X-Men ‘97

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

To be honest, I wouldn't be fussed if we lost those First Class mutants. They felt very much like they were just making up the numbers. Apparently First Class will skip to 1973, so the supporting team could be entirely different.

D

duckface

But Banshee was totes adorbz!
And they need to at least establish how on earth Cyclops and Havok could be brothers when they were teenagers 30 years apart.

This semi-prequel, semi-unrelated business simply will not do.

Oh duckface! No! He was odd looking.

That was why I thought using Havok was utterly stupid. I hope they don't turn round and make him Scott's dad.

D

duckface

That would make more sense, though, no?

And Re: Banshee, I don't mean in that way! I just thought he was a cute character. He actually seemed like a teenager.

That would make more sense, though, no?

And Re: Banshee, I don't mean in that way! I just thought he was a cute character. He actually seemed like a teenager.

It would, I suppose. And we're unlikely to ever get Cyclops's true parentage, but it's a bit of a random change. Of all the X-Men they could have chosen, I have no idea why they included him.

I didn't mind Banshee but I though First Class was a great film filled of not-so-great characters, outside of Xavier and the sexual Fassy.

D

duckface

Oh, Fassy.
Michael Fassbender is this trilogy's Hugh Jackman.

D

duckface

THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM, YOU FLAWLESS THING.

I BLAME 'SHAME'!

Plus, Wolverine and Magneto > Wolverine and Storm, like an early X3 draft had...

D

duckface

Christ. They tried to do it in the comics recently, as well. The weirdest moment? Wolverine holds on to Storm's head as he kisses her... and SNKT's her hair off! So now she has a mohawk again.

Christ. They tried to do it in the comics recently, as well. The weirdest moment? Wolverine holds on to Storm's head as he kisses her... and SNKT's her hair off! So now she has a mohawk again.

Ha! What?!

As you do....

Her mohawk is back? I thought it would only ever be a glorious relic of the 80's...

Amazing.

I love it.

If they bring Storm back for this, she must have that hair.

I have this doll at home. I saw it when I was on holiday once and had to have it. I also have a creepy-looking Scarlet Witch with plastic hair.

They missed their opportunity with Angela Bassett when they had the chance.

D

duckface

Oh, Angela.

Hell, I'd take Regina Hall over Halle.

angela-bassett-premiere-1.jpg

Goddess.

He/Him

I have always thought that Thandie Newton would make an excellent Storm. I think she could pull off a rather convincing mohawk as well.

Its a shame that Alice Eve dropped out of First Class. Singer originally wanted Sigourney Weaver to play Emma Frost in X3, and I could totally see Alice Eve as a young Sigourney.