X-Men | Page 223 | The Popjustice Forum

X-Men

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Jan 26, 2013.

1. The way they foreshadowed Iceman being a cig with that "coming out" scene in X2. Flawless.
    Alan Cumming was brilliant as Nightcrawler in that movie too.

2. I remember this scene and it’s funny how it’s even more relevant now through the comics. It’s one of the many things that make X2 one of the best comic book movies to date.

New Flame likes this.
  3. Yeah the way Patrick Stewart delivers “Jean’s message” after she’s got off the Blackbird and knows she won’t come back is still heart-breaking. James Marsden was really believable in his frustration and horror there too. And the pan over the lake at the end is still burned into my brain. X2 is brilliant.

4. BTG

BTG

That short lived purple look with the two long strands of hair was a serve.

5. Yes, the Blackbird was the place to be for many great moments in X2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remorque, V3RYP05H, Macanudo and 6 others like this.
  6. She could have literally fit in with characters from Macross or BubbleGum Crisis. One of the better anime inspired looks.

BTG likes this.
  7. BTG

BTG

I also have a lot of fond memories of it because I think it was used in all her artwork in X-Men Mutant Academy 2.

V3RYP05H and dodoriazarbon like this.
  8. Love the little in-universe explanation for the haircut being that she lost chunks of hair during her battle with Marrow (in which she tore out her heart - queen), so had to sort it somehow.

9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

X2 is really cinematic genius.

V3RYP05H, ItBeats, sesita and 9 others like this.
  10. Was that not also the time she had a weird flirty relationship with Cable?
    Having it away with her best friends clones son. Iconic.

V3RYP05H and DoggySwami like this.
  11. Not to be off topic but what would honestly get me on board to a Disney X Men movie would be a Storm centric film. She’s been my favorite super hero since I was a kid. I’m ready for her time to shine.

V3RYP05H, Juango, Chris_P and 3 others like this.
  12. For real...i would love the narrative of a young street urchin turned weather goddess be the heart and soul of the X-Men. Instead of focusing on Wolverine in a bazillion movies Disney should focus on Storm. Her storyline is just as rich and influential.

V3RYP05H, TheOnlyOne, He and 2 others like this.
  13. I’m trusting Feige to switch it up for their arrival. Surely they’d know better than to focus on Wolverine again after all these years of previous movies doing the same.

14. Storm would be a great entry way. There is so much to be explored.

Maybe they could introduce Wolverine further down the line in a Hulk vs. Wolverine? It could be a darker Marvel movie and it would give Ruffalo's Hulk a meatier (and final) role as well.

15. Isn't there a rumoured Hulk solo film in the works? So maybe they might go down the route at some point.

16. I'd love a Storm centric movie. No more Wolverine or Jean Grey please.

17. I agree. Lots to love and unpack with Storm. I’d love the focus of the Marvel films to be female-centric. X-Men provide the vest opportunity for that with their huge stable of members and foes.

My personal favorite has always been Rogue and it’ll be so nice to (hopefully) see them do her justice with a full power set after the Carol run-in.

18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

addendum!

she was CHOPPING him up!!! me as a 14 year old when she started climbing on him like a StairMaster

[​IMG]

19. Give me some quality Polaris please. She's become so much more interesting now she's not playing second fiddle to Havok (who I do love too) and seems to be more in a leadership role. I love her so much. The X-jammer era was epic, when she proved to be the strongest of the X-men up there? When she managed to shield the Starjammer while also singlehandedly destroying an enemy ship? Legend stuff.

On the subject of the Summers family, can someone fill me in as to why Corsair and Vulcan are now alive again? And why Cable is a teen? I have so much catching up to do in the X-verse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.