Yeah, I'm Onto A Winner: The Lily Allen Rate (COMPLETE) | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

Yeah, I'm Onto A Winner: The Lily Allen Rate (COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Posh Spears, Jun 19, 2018.

1. This hurts. Beautiful commentary to dull the pain

andru, vague, Sam and 2 others like this.
  2. I mean Apples is a nice 3 AM voicenotes-entry-on-your-phone kind of moment, but I felt like it would make more sense being a prose poem than a song. I hear it once and listen to the words and it's cool, but the music is just there, and I feel like there's nothing necessary to revisit. Note that I still gave it a decent score.

vague likes this.
  3. Wait. So Apples gets unjustly thrown out in 29th place, you don't list my 10 in the high scorers AND you referred to me as him?

[​IMG]

4. My apologies to @Posh Spears for not being more active (and not having sent my commentary, kii). I'm disgusted at how Littlest Things wasn't out before top 40, really.

5. dkjkdsjfkdsfjdsfsdfl I'm sorry sis as you can tell I'm really good at making mistakes in this rate. Edited now

6. I mean the biggest mistake was posting an elimination for Apples at 29th place and you haven't fixed that so....

7. Burn this thread to the ground tbh. Apples should be top 10.

8. Thanks for your patience guys. New elimination in a bit. Issa single!

9. Sam

Sam

Yeah it’s about time Our Time fucked off

soratami and slaybellz like this.
  10. LTG

LTG

Nawt when URL Badman is still in sis

constantino, SuperNerd, 2014 and 5 others like this.
  11. porquenolosdos.gif

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  12. Sam

Sam

The both of them can exit stage left teebs

slaybellz likes this.
  13. 28

[​IMG]
    URL Badman

Highest Score: 10 x 10 (@japanbonustrack, @Sanctuary, @GimmeWork, @HarryEzra, @happiestgirl, @andru, @BEST FICTION, @MYCAL, @Island, @SiduousIII)
    Lowest Score: 4 x 1 (@Pavel), 5 x 2 (@OspreyQueen, @Aester)
    My Score: 9

I don't like you, I think you're worthless
    I wrote a long piece about it up on my Wordpress

AWWRIGHT MUM I SAID IM COMIN! THPPSSH GOSH. Whew, the lyrics + her delivery are 10/10, but boy oh boy did the dubstep breakdown age like Kraft American cheese. Regardless, it's iconic and I still consider it an essential Lily song and a Sheezus highlight. I mean whenever a beloved pop girl drags online bloggers, how can you not stan? She really went off on those stupid ass misogynistic white boys. Pitchfork found giving No Shame an underwhelming review as revenge. Should've gone a bit further tbh, but a lot of you have been calling for it for a while now so I guess it did do well.

The most negative of our commenters is URL Badwoman @OspreyQueen (5), "I can look past the dubstep drop in a 2014 song, but the lyrics are pretty subpar for her. The middle 8 in particular is just cringeworthy." In agreement is @slaybellz (6), who cringes, "Every time I listen to an older song with tinges of dubstep I get triggered." You're not wrong. @Sam de Jour (7) says it's "Also overrated." But the other Sheezus song he called overrated is still in, oop! @Michael17 (7) calls it "A very, very odd single choice. Interesting, but not brilliant." But is it odder than As Long As I Got You being a single? On that note let's bring in @DJHazey (7), "This one got old fast, but listening to it now tells me I've run into a few of these over the years, ddd." ...only a few?

@Untitled (7) provides a mixed review, "The chorus is clunky and the production of the moment that had already passed before its release but the middle 8 still pops off." @constantino (6) does as well, "Love the lyrics, hate the melody...so at least that’s ½? The melody is...jarring and basic, the production has aged like MILK...but the lyrics are the tea."

"Like many of her tracks, it’s such a shame that this is so relevant all these years later" @JMRGBY88 (9) assesses. Lily, ha never ending foresight. @sfmartin (9) comments, "I really enjoy this, the melody of the bridge "its not for me it must be wrong" and with sheep noises and all." Ah yes the sheep is a kii. Peep the behind the scenes video below for more on it. "I love the “Keyboard warrior, that can't spell” lyric" appreciates @KingBruno (8) and @Trouble in Paradise (8) cheers, "Read us to filth sis!" That's the spirit.

"“When I’m a big boy/I’m gonna write for VICE” is a legendary smackdown" claps @HappyBirthday (8). @HollyDunnSomething (9.5) is entertained, "The lyrics on this make me laugh. Subject matter is a little Alright, Still era which I'm not mad at." Who would be? Next, efficient queen @happiestgirl (10) mixes both the previous comments into one, "“ALEXANDER YOUR DINNER’S ON THE TABLE…and when I’m a big boy I’m gonna write for Vice” this reminds me of her Alright…Still days"

@GimmeWork (10) applauds, "Yasss Lily take on those trolls!" Okay but where's MY applause for putting up with the trolls who voted in this rate? "Best song on the album" creams @MYCAL (10), and @japanbonustrack (10) joins in on the fun, "The best song in this record, no question."

constantino, andru, Aester and 15 others like this.
  14. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Ever since I found this song, URL Badman has basically become obsolete for me.

vague likes this.
  15. Sam

Sam

Halle-fucking-lujah.

slaybellz likes this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

ooh I loved her in Catwoman!

Sam and slaybellz like this.
  17. URL Badman remains a Sheezus highlight for me!

Posh Spears likes this.
  18. Good, now the rest of Sheezus can hang on until the Top 15 please.

Phonetics Girl likes this.
  19. This rate has been a disaster since #35
    I can think of at least 3 songs that should've been in the top 10.

Awesome write ups @Posh Spears

Holly Something and Posh Spears like this.
  20. [​IMG]

Honey, you deserve more than an applause for putting up with these low-scoring trolls. All the songs left deserve high or at least decent scores from everyone. Low scores at this point in the rate feel like a hate crime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.