Years & Years - Night Call (3rd Album) | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

Years & Years - Night Call (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jacques, Feb 9, 2021.

1. ddd Sue was also my first thought when I saw KylieOlly

Espeon and kal like this.
  2. kal

kal

Ariana Grande looking like Gwen Stefani on the left.

VivaForever likes this.
  3. I like this? - chorus got me singing 'I just died in your arms tonight'
    Also Kylie is serving What Do I Do Have To? ...complete with fur coat.

londonrain likes this.
  4. ‘I just died in your arms’ has also been in my head when listening to it

londonrain likes this.
  5. Ok but I ADORE this. The tempo is great, Kylie is iconic and Olly just looks so overjoyed to be there.

londonrain likes this.
  6. The roll out for this album is a bit of a car crash at the moment - Crave isn’t in the top 100 midweeks, hasn’t been added to the Radio 1 playlist or to Hot Hits U.K. this week either. The video is still well under a million views (A Minute to Midnight has already overtaken it) and despite being high on U.K. New Music Friday last week it’s only on 1.3m streams on Spotify.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  7. Y&Y were so so special with everything on/before Communion. Palo Santo did nothing for me, and I actually like this era more. Letting go of the communion era expectation really lets me enjoy this again. I think second to midnight is a smash.

The synth on this Clairo, SG Lewis song brings me major You & I nostalgia from their first EP:

8. If this was 2008 the CD would have been pushed back to forever while a Berwick St Mister CD Review copy would've been all over muzicmatters. As it is they'll try another single and the vinyl sales will at least drive some income + the festivals.

9. It would be a scream if this all led to the other two being let back into the band for the next era for a 'we lost our way but we've returned to our roots' narrative.

10. Aren’t some of these venues… a bit ambitious?

11. She answered some fan that she is still fighting Capitol but it's happening.

12. I thought it was Sky Ferreira's thread. Nevermind.

Wishlight, Inky, Attis and 19 others like this.
  13. I agree, the last time I remember them only doing small venues. I think it's risky now since this is more of a solo project for him and the songs released haven't stuck around.

Jordtayylor and Primrose like this.
  14. I thought this but didn’t wanna say! But yeah, I would have assumed they’d go for smaller venues this time around.

Primrose likes this.
  15. I think the last album tour included arenas,no?

I agree though, extremely ambitious Venues for this when there hasn’t been any hits this era…

16. I'm getting t.A.T.u. 2003 UK arena tour vibes from those venues.

Vasilios likes this.
  17. They played The O2 but it was far from sold out.

blaze_dave likes this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This artwork is still beyond terrible.

19. I could see Bournemouth and Brighton being okay (they’re like half a capacity of a normal arena) but wouldn’t be surprised if the other 3 arenas are at half capacity. How much are the tickets?

I’m surprised it’s not just a full U.K. Academy style venue tour with the odd bigger venue I.e Bournemouth thrown in.

blaze_dave likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.