Years & Years - Night Call | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

Years & Years - Night Call

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jacques, Feb 9, 2021.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

BBC News said their performance was pre-taped

2. This 4-way queen drama though. I wonder what went down.

Sunny B, LPT, Wishlight and 9 others like this.
  3. This post called me a fag and threw me in the dumpster.

Sunny B, LPT, Wishlight and 16 others like this.
  4. Olly about Chris Lowe

Sunny B, LPT, Wishlight and 4 others like this.
  5. That performance just reignited my love and thirst for Olly!

idratherjack likes this.
  6. Me too, after Starstruck had snuffed it out! Just goes to show the importance of a good song.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  7. Talk about beating around the bush. I wonder what the contractual issue was? This had obviously been planned for a while and Olly had teased Elton a week or two ago so it wasn't like a last minute drop out by PSB. Seems weird.

Would've been great to see them on stage instead of Aunt Elton who gets wheeled out at all these events. It would be 12 (!!!) years since they appeared with Brandon Flowers and Gaga.

Vasilios likes this.
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Maybe contractual issues just means Pet Shop Boys were busy? I don’t think it’s so deep.

Wishlight, lushLuck and monsterboy like this.
  9. Both Olly and Elton mimed, didn’t they? I could see Neil or Chris kicking up a fuss about that.

10. I joke but I can see PSB going “let’s tone it down, we have straight fans in Poland” ddd

Maybe they dropped out when Elton was added?

11. Busy rescheduling their tour for a fourth time?

Wishlight, idratherjack and Suburbia like this.
  12. I’d pop off elsewhere if Elton was involved as well...also Starstruck reminds me of a Christophe Willem track.

13. Why though? Neil has been singing to a backing track for ages, and while that might not be straight up miming, they never were the "we are real musicians" kind?

Considering they worked and recorded with Elton before, that's unlikely? Never heard of bad blood between them.

14. PSB and Elton are friends so I doubt there's any beef there.

15. Popbitch are claiming it’s because Elton and Pet Shop Boys couldn’t come to an agreement on who would take top billing.

16. So what you're saying is these four queens couldn't decide on a top?

Sunny B, LPT, Wishlight and 21 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

What would the Pet Shop Boys have done anyway? It's not like the performance was lacking them in a major way.

18. It is their song. Elton shoulda stayed home.

Sunny B, Wishlight, Verandi and 17 others like this.
  19. That's a weird take. It's their song that they wrote and produced (including giving their blessing and producing this new version) and after the success of the TV show it would've felt like a cute full circle moment to perform with Olly. But no you're right gays in music over 60 are interchangeable I guess and it would've just been the same performance (??)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.