Years & Years - Night Call | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Years & Years - Night Call

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jacques, Feb 9, 2021.

1. I think we all see that coming sooner or later, judging solely by how Palo Santo era went and how little they were involved in the creative process.

heartmightmelt likes this.
  2. This is kinda expected? Olly better keep the name though.

3. It sounds like he will be keeping Years and Years as his name moving forward based on the last sentence.

I don't think this going to signal a huge change in anyway. If i remember correctly, Years and Years was always meant to be an Olly vehicle with the band being used to make him more palatable.

londonrain likes this.
  4. kal

kal

I hope the fans won't be toxic about this.

londonrain likes this.
  5. He's keeping the name, check @yearsandyears Twitter bio out

Jamie and reputation. like this.
  6. We all have dreams x

diamondliam and londonrain like this.
  7. I feel like this could be a similar scenario to La Roux? Some creative differences in the background, with the singer wanting more input and focus?

8. kal

kal

Is this a reference because I’m not getting it?

9. Completely expected ever since the second album dropped. As long as he keeps the Years and Years sound I doubt it'll make much difference to the general public. I'm assuming a lot of people aren't even aware that they're a fixed group, smilar to when people assume Goldfrapp is just Alison.

10. Years & Years were always basically Olly, he has probably written the new retrial all by himself.

Wishlight, Jamie, Tracy Jacks and 6 others like this.
  11. I know this is a typo but a prospective new Years & Years album described as a "retrial"? I'm screaming.

12. Honestly, it feels like they're just finally being Real about something that's always been true, to varying degrees.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I don't see the controversy over this?

14. It didn't do D:Ream any harm.

Hudweiser likes this.
  15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Better than taking the Maroon 5 route and insisting on maintaining the pretence of a band while only one member appears to actually have creative input.

Pat, Wishlight, nooniebao and 17 others like this.
  16. Weird - D:Ream were just being discussed in a work chat.

Peter Cunnah was truly a thing of beauty.

Any way, happy Olly is continuing to use the name. It feels like a "...with our blessings" situation.

londonrain likes this.
  17. I wouldn't call it creative input, but yes.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  18. kal

kal

Ok but why would I be here for this though.

19. Mikey posted a story on his Instagram confirming he’ll still be playing the live shows when they can tour again. Also said he’ll be supporting Olly on his future endeavours.

20. A girl can dream.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.