Years & Years - Night Call | Page 45 | The Popjustice Forum

Years & Years - Night Call

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jacques, Feb 9, 2021.

1. The original demo of what eventually became the Kylie collab leaked:

2. The chorus is undeniable but those verses feel like they’re from a completely different song

LPT likes this.
  3. This is back in at no 83 on Apple in the U.K. (no 23 when Christmas songs are removed), so it’s shaping up to be something of a hit. I have no idea how much it will help sell the album though.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  4. Sweet Talker is such a bop until that terrible breakdown comes in. It's the only song from this era that I'm coming back to.

5. Mikey will be performing tonight - first time since he left the band to just be a touring member.

6. Ah that's nice! That special looks really good so far.

7. LPT

LPT

There are a few odd comments made by the journalist in this piece for tonight's show.

“As midnight approaches on New Year's Eve, there is a good chance that many viewers of BBC One will not be entirely sure who this person is that they are watching in concert and will type "Years & Years" or "Olly Alexander" into internet search engines.”

Yikes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59818964

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  8. Very obscure choice for the BBC New Years thing. I get he’s had a big year with acting but music wise he’s practically unrecognisable. Also, Eurovision.

blaze_dave likes this.
  9. Sounding great on BBC tonight and I’m living for the choreo!!

d2019 likes this.
  10. I'm really enjoying the New Year's concert. For some reason it never occurred to me that they'd do A Second To Midnight...just before midnight.

Also not Dreamland getting an unexpected showing.

iveivan, topopMAC1 and d2019 like this.
  11. Really enjoyed the New Years Eve show. Good representation of back catalogue and good coverage for the new album. Highlight of the campaign so far.

iveivan likes this.
  12. Well looking at Kworb, the show did wonders for... King, Shine and If You're Over Me in the UK ddd.

13. Caught up with the show this morning because I’m an old man who slept through New Year…

I thought Olly was great, he’s really stepped up as a performer this time round and the performance with Kylie was euphoric.

I hope Sweet Talker gets a real boost now the Christmas songs are falling, it’s a bop.

Wishlight, iveivan, Andrew and 2 others like this.
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

He was.....fine, but the level of quality from the hits to his newest stuff was very apparent.

15. I thought the whole thing was fantastic. His songs were great and I loved his rendition of Toxic.

d2019 and iveivan like this.
  16. Up to #27 in the midweeks.

17. A hit! What about I Wish?

18. Oh wow!

19. This user is a Years & Years, Galantis - Sweet Talker stan now!

20. 47 - 17
    A hit!

Txetxu, deepheat03, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.