Years & Years - Night Call | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Years & Years - Night Call

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jacques, Feb 9, 2021.

1. I still hate If You‘re over me ddd.

2. Yeah, If You're Over Me is by far my least favourite Years & Years single (...and probably least favourite song in general). It's just the really annoying kind of ear worm.

Alenko, sinner and Stopremix like this.
  3. I adore If You’re Over Me but it’s still mid tier on Palo Santo.

4. I feel like Olly is going to want to make this album more popular and mainstream than Palo Santo. Just a hunch.

For me, the only song I ever skip is Lucky Escape - the music production is a bit too squeaky for my ears.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021

5. I assume that's a clip of the new single at the end?

Also I screamed at how quickly the gurls on last.fm were to upvote a solo photo of just Olly ddd.

6. Sanctify is one of the best songs of all time

7. Wise of him to wait until his profile shot up with It's A Sin to announce this.

The other two are both new dads so the prospects of touring/doing promo are probably no longer practical to them, so they're bound to step back regardless.

8. I never cared for If You’re Over Me, it’s easily my least favourite on the album, but the GP seemed to like it, I was surprised how well it did.
    Sanctify wasn’t instant with me, but after repeated listens it grew on me and I ended up loving it, but as a lead single it was a choice, especially when there’s songs on the album that are up there with King and Shine, now they were moments.

blaze_dave and superloves like this.
  9. Of course one of the old founding members has something to say.

10. I thought Sanctify was so limp and the whole universe / concept around the album was a bit pretentious. It lacked the big songs that the debut offered, and the fact that they sounded like nothing else out there. The Take Shelter > Desire > King > Shine run was immaculate and then Palo Santo offered none of that magic. If You're Over Me was the closest thing to a big hit on the album.

11. Comes across as a little salty that they weren't part of the group when it reached its peak in terms of success...

13. Um yeah I'd be salty if I was let go from a band that then hit big? This is a case when the salt is justified.

Wishlight, nooniebao, Kyle. and 11 others like this.
  14. That artwork is gorgeous!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  15. I hope it's a cover of Gaga's Starstruck.

16. New single felt inevitable after that solo announcement. Cover seems fun and I expect hell of a bop from it.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  17. I hope this is a slick campaign. Album announcement in April and out by July at the latest would be ideal.

nooniebao, K94, 4Roses and 11 others like this.
  18. groove slam work it back filter that baby let go those band members

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.