Years & Years - "Starstruck" + 3rd Album | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Years & Years - "Starstruck" + 3rd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jacques, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Listening on the radio (how old school) - this is a proper bop.

MB, camus and blaze_dave like this.
  2. On first listen, this is giving me strong Alphabeat vibes. Which is no bad thing of course!

Totto and jawow_ like this.
  3. kal

kal

I’m 100% on board with this. A bop!

ry123 and camus like this.
  4. It's OK, but think it will grow on me with a few listens.

5. It's pop, I enjoy.

camus and Neon Green like this.
  6. Clip of the video.

7. Meh

jtm likes this.
  8. This is...a song that exists. It’s ok but it’s very much an album track, not a first single.

9. It's a bop but I'm not sold on this yet. There's little to grab on and I don't feel like it's a big lead single to his first solo album?

10. The production is very Justice so bops automatically but the melodies aren’t really sticking yet. Let me replay.

joe_alouder and JORDAN like this.
  11. It’s hit #1 on iTunes already which I know doesn’t mean much these days but it seem like there’s still a lot of interest.

12. I think it's a grower. On first listen it sounds very Capital FM-ready but there's actually a decent little bop under there. I like the Future Nostalgia undertones.

jawow_ likes this.
  14. It wants to Don't Start Now but not sure it achieves.

15. I knew it sounded familiar, it sounds like it's Justin Timberlake's - Can't Stop the Feeling...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Neon Green likes this.
  16. It sounds more like Olly Murs than Olly Alexander.

17. Oh I love this. The ‘not giving you up’ post-chorus really elevates it for me—the whole thing glides along until then and really takes off for the second half of the track after it. What a spring/summer bop!

Aidan and Jordtayylor like this.
  18. Solid effort, I love this.

Mikey1701 and andru like this.
  19. Perfectly pleasant. King it ain't.

Andrew.L likes this.
  20. I’ll be shocked if this isn’t a hit. It’s got Capital / Radio One playlist support written all of it

ALEX and ry123 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.