Years & Years - "Starstruck" + 3rd Album | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Years & Years - "Starstruck" + 3rd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jacques, Feb 9, 2021.

1. I’m not sure if it’s been released yet.

2. It's cute I guess?

IntoTheBlue likes this.
  3. It's supposed to tick all the boxes but it doesn't click for me at the moment. A hybrid of Future Nostalgia, Joel Corry Capital FM-dance and Eurovision, but it ends up being neither.

4. The chorus needed to pop for this to really work, but as it is, it's a late-in-the-tracklisting mild bop.

5. have u seen the Starstruck hashtag emoji on Twitter ?!

Use #playstarstruck to check it out !
    [​IMG]
    ALSO u can have a play around with some vvv fun Starstruck themed gifs on Instagram stories eheheh I love these! Search ‘starstruck’ to find them

[​IMG]

6. This has been insta-added to the Radio 1 A-list which...has surprised me a little.

7. Really? They RINSED the singles of the last era.

8. That’s never stopped them from dumping artists from the playlist before, especially as the last album was nearly 3 years ago and flopped pretty spectacularly.

I thought this might be a cautious c-list add at best.

9. Olly is very en vogue at the moment which probably helps a lot.

relby likes this.
  10. If he has to release 2 or 3 slightly generic bops as singles to appease the label into letting him release a great gay album (aka one the label wouldn’t have faith in/wouldn’t know what to do with) then I’ll take that compromise.

11. Yeah the "sound" of this this is radio and Topshop changing room catnip, and it'll be everywhere – I won't be playing it much, but it does its job.

12. I worry 'great gay album' for Olly is Santify x 10.
    I'm very here for his Listen Without Prejudice Volume Cig though.

lushLuck and relby like this.
  13. K94

K94

Decent verses but the safe chorus kinda lets it down a bit and the "not giving you up" hook feels a bit played out. Summer bops this year have to come harder than this. Learn something from 'Hot Hot'!

Mr Blonde likes this.
  14. I fear this might be the great gay album dddddd

lushLuck likes this.
  15. Yeah, It's A Sin really feels like it's pushed him to the next level so I imagine he will get some decent streaming numbers this week.

I'm not entirely sold on Starstruck yet. It's just perfectly serviceable for me at the moment but I felt the same about If You're Over Me and that ended up being a big hit so I'm not the best at seeing how this is going to go when it comes to Years & Years.

Matgo and idratherjack like this.
  16. It's generic and lacking... but I keep listening to it?

17. I quite like Starstruck, it's not a Shine which I was hoping for as Olly's first solo release but if this basic bop is a hit to get the locals onside we should hopefully be getting a few Up In Flames on the album.

18. It may be everywhere, but it definitely won't be in Topshop changing rooms dd

roblognick and GodsAndMonsters like this.
  19. No Graham Norton on the schedule now this evening I see.

20. What boys tell me when I tell them a story during our first date. Stick with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.