Years & Years - "Starstruck" + 3rd Album | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

Years & Years - "Starstruck" + 3rd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jacques, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Now that’s how you remove a cape at the Brits.

2. This Friday works better I’m on annual leave all next week

ta in advance huns x

3. Starstruck is at #41, It's A Sin a new entry at #57.

4. That’s actually...really impressive for It’s a Sin, especially as it only had 2 full days and wasn’t in The Spotify top 200 for either day. iTunes sales must be really high. Starstruck debuted at no 64 for comparison.

d2019 likes this.
  5. When will Elton John stop terrorising songs I love

Seraphim and AbSynth like this.
  6. Oh my, Elton really murders this version. Such a shame.

7. So we're all just okay with making fun of people's physical appearances now?

Sunny B, Wishlight, Grins and 4 others like this.
  8. Genuine question: what's all the Elton hate about? Is it something he's done in particular? I've never really followed him.

9. Ok. I’ll remove it (the meme). It wasn’t my intention to offend.

10. What was the intention?

11. Yeah I don't get the Elton hate, his music isn't to my taste but I enjoy his Artpop duet, Sine From Above and Its a Sin.

Y'all do too much on the man.

12. I think a lot of people are just fed up of Elton being Boomer World's pet gay who gets regularly trundled out like he's some sort of Elder Statesman. At least he's not Boy George I guess, who seems to get a pass for his problematic history for simply being the Boomers Other Favourite Gay.

Wishlight likes this.
  13. If the removed meme is the Mutya Keisha Siobhan one, all the people in the photo along with Keisha and Siobhan have retweeted, commented on it and/or liked it. It's fine.

14. "Trundled out"? So, just ageism then?

moorje likes this.
  15. Elton John is an elder statesman.

16. No, it's just whenever he appears it's all a bit "Oh it's Elton again".

17. kal

kal

Nah, it wasn’t that (iconic) one.

18. My personal issue with Elton appearing everywhere is a direct result of his voice sounding like he’s spent the last decade gargling with gravel x

TRAVVV, Monkey Meat, Verandi and 6 others like this.
  19. Elton John has one of the best back catalogues in music history. The man’s legendary.

Everyone ages and voices deteriorate as a result. In his prime, he was incredible.

Alphableat, Andrew.L and moorje like this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This thread really doesn't have to be so tense............let Olly and Elton both thrive xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.