Yelle | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Yelle

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by coveredinpunk, Dec 13, 2007.

1. I LOVE them but I feel like melodies have been non-existent in all the songs they have released after Complètement fou (apart from a few bits of Roméo and Interpassion) and Karaté isn't improving it...

2. I just want to add that Karaté is a serve. Not what I was expecting from a Yelle song in 2020 but really like it.

Crisp X and Vitamin like this.
  3. Je T’Aime Encore is full of melodies.

Vixen and Pop Life like this.
  4. I love this.

5. That guy's really hot.

6. The album is great!

magictreehouse and eatyourself like this.
  7. Just finished my first listen though (it is quite a short album) and it's great! Sonically a lot less camp than their usual style, it feels a little more sombre, a bit darker overall. But there are still bops a plenty! "Noir" in particular was a standout, as well as the spoken word "Mon beau chagrin"

eatyourself likes this.
  8. “Noir” is exactly how I like my Yelle.

Vixen likes this.
  9. I love the band and won't miss their next gig (whenever that happens) in Madrid but well, I haven't liked much of their output since their last album (which I loved) and this is no exception. I only like J'veux un chien here, to be honest.

10. The last minute of J'veux Un Chien is my favourite part of the album. The intensity, the synths, amazing.

11. J’veux un chien est incroyable

12. This album is honestly full of bangers, its all still growing on me but I love the dark vibe and experimentation after the hyper glossy campaign of their last album. Ive liked to love everything on here.

Im going to enjoy uncovering more, but ‘Emancipense’ starts everything off so right.

wolfgangna likes this.
  13. Ooh Madrid. Let's go together haha.

14. loving the album

15. Best track wins.

16. The new album is fantastic.

My current favorites are: "Je t'aime encore", "Menu du Jour", "Noir", "Peine de Mort" and "Un million".

The lyrics are fantastic, as always with Yelle. I just love the way she writes.

Island, magictreehouse, aux and 3 others like this.
  17. obsessed

Vitamin likes this.
  18. The album is so good.

magictreehouse and Vixen like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.