Yellowjackets (Showtime) - Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Yellowjackets (Showtime) - Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, Aug 25, 2021.

1. The fact I'm not even sure Jackie is dead, even though we met her parents

xOJakeXo and lushLuck like this.
  2. I hope we don't have to wait the 5 seasons to find out. Especially at premium cable timelines, it could be a decade.

3. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I loved the small twist that all of those ceramic bunnies were gifts from Jackie’s parents that Shauna holds on to out of guilt (which adds even more layers to the rabbit butchering in the pilot) and that Jackie…doesn’t even care about rabbits nn.

I do think they’re setting up some kind of misdirect for Jackie, I’m just not sure to what end.

Mr Blonde, Vixen, xOJakeXo and 4 others like this.
  4. Saw a wild theory that Christina Ricci was actually playing an adult Jackie but I really don’t think

lushLuck likes this.
  5. I’m now into the theory that Jackie survived because of all the late 90s movies in her journal - probably just a production oversight but my Swiftie instincts have kicked in so I’m convinced it’s a clue nn

6. I read that her journal mentioned Bring It On which didn't come out until 2000

Vixen, lushLuck and Lost In Japan. like this.
  7. I can’t see that being a production oversight especially as in the UK you have to mention any cultural references in post production paperwork (yeah, it’s my job) in case you have to take it out for whatever reason.

It feels deliberate

8. Couldn’t remember if this was ‘99 or ‘00, but it did!

Okay knowing this…
    [​IMG]

Vixen, Edu and lushLuck like this.
  9. Just spent hours on the Yellowjackets reddit after being just a casual enjoyer of the show for 8 episodes, fuck sake.

I'm swayed by the theory that Shauna's daughter is up to something, working with either "Adam" or her Dad (the glitter and missing journals seems much more likely to be him right?) or an adult Yellowjacket we haven't met yet.

Also partial to thinking Van might end up being the latter because of how deep the Tai connection seems, and the possibility/likelihood of the latter's campaign still having something to do with all this being drudged up now.

It'd feel anticlimactic as hell if the four leads were really the only present-day Yellowjackets we meet but I guess we have to acknowledge that is also a possibility dd

Edu, lushLuck and Lost In Japan. like this.
  10. Shauna mentioned something to the effect of ‘have you heard from any of the others’ when talking to Tai and Nat about the blackmail so it sounds to me like there are at least 2/3 other survivors besides Travis.

Mr Blonde, Edu and lushLuck like this.
  11. This is what I mean, just because others are alive doesn't necessarily mean we meet them as part of our plot (this season...)

lushLuck and Jwentz like this.
  12. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

We’re meant to believe that the 19 months spent in the wilderness changed them in profound ways I’m…not sure I buy this theory solely because I don’t think Jackie would return home writing in colored pens about her favorite movies and celebrity crushes 3 years later.

Stewart, xOJakeXo, Andrew and 2 others like this.
  13. BTG

BTG

I hope Mari and Akilah made it out alive and are thriving out there somewhere.

As someone who spent 6 years deep, deep in the trenches of the LOST fandom (shout out to my DarkUFO hive), I’ve had to stay away for r/Yellowjackets because I find the fanbase intensely irritating and it’s only the first season dddd.

Vixen, Heartthrob, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  14. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

NOT DarkUFO. What this show needs is Doc Jensen writing a 10 page analysis of why the teddy bear caught fire and how that correlates to the dead bear in the second episode but also foreshadows events in 2021.

Vixen, thommyh, Heartthrob and 3 others like this.
  15. BTG

BTG

Me having war flashbacks to 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 after I went on Reddit and saw a post about the girls’ jersey numbers and their possible significance.

[​IMG]

Sinful, Vixen, iRyan and 11 others like this.
  16. Just realized the girl playing young Taissa is also in Scream.

17. Yeah they could easily make the opening kill whoever they want when they eventually get there (they might not have decided at this point who it is if they are dragging this out for multiple seasons ddd) but I think Jackie’s story works best if it was her and we continue to see her apparition taunt them in the present. Unless she is still out there surviving in the wilderness and they decide to go back to save her to atone, very Claire in Lost vibes.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Okay but I snorted in a dark way at that because A) it was clearly whatever supernatural presence is preventing them from escaping and B) of course they had to have the physical marker of her innocence be the thing that bursts into flames and kills her just to really rub it in.

Andrew, johnoclock and Subwaykid like this.
  19. WTF

lushLuck and itylts like this.
  20. I finally got round to watching the first episode and yes, I'm hooked.

Maria likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.